"Overall, we are very pleased with the outcome of the project and with HCL's efforts. HCL consistently demonstrated its professionalism and software development expertise during the development of the security implementation. All schedule milestones were met, and all delivered artifacts were of very high quality. Thanks again for a job well done!"
HCL’s Aerospace practice has experienced an explosive growth in its core avionics skills and ability to run complex and large programs over a period of last five years. HCL’s end-to-end services both hardware and software in avionics intends to bring the Research & Development Transformation to our clients.
Practitioners combining over 7000 person years of experience in avionics specific programming languages, methodologies, tools, operating systems, compilers and standards make us the largest Avionics Development practice in India.
We are now getting complete outsourcing assignments of independent development of core avionics subsystems. We are the first Indian IT solutions provider for Aerospace industry to obtain AS 9100 certification which is a testimony to the quality and domain expertise.
HCL partners with leading avionics companies on their core avionics systems such as flight control systems, flight management systems, communication navigation systems, Cabin Systems and display systems.
HCL expertise on avionics also encompasses a range of mission critical avionics, including electrical systems, power systems, environment systems, fire protection systems, test systems, hydraulics, landing gear and in-flight entertainment.
HCL’s Avionics practice works on systems for new aircraft programs, besides maintaining and enhancing avionics for aircraft in operation. This experience ranges from software and hardware design, implementation to integration and testing.
Among our strengths is an end to end design and development capability with integrated services covering both hardware and software. HCL further aids clients in testing and certification of these systems by building test equipment, carrying out independent verification and validation and environmental stress screening.
- Hardware Engineering Services: Taking leverage of our 30+ years of experience in product engineering, we offer end-to-end solutions starting from Design analysis, Product Development, Verification & Validation, ASIC/ FPGA design, Board & Systems Design in Board & System Design. Through our Engineering Services in Avionics, we help customers in Computer Aided Designing (CAD)/ computer aided engineering (CAE) and Manufacturing.
- Software Engineering Services: HCL offers complete lifecycle support offerings for Avionics Software ranging from Design & Development, Verification and Validation to Development of tools, Support and Reverse Engineering & Maintenance. We have an in-house DQ-178B QMS framework (A-QMS), to execute DO-178B avionics software development and verification projects.
- IT Applications: HCL's integrated service offerings including Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure and BPO combined with unique innovative risk sharing business models.
- Manufacturing Services: HCL’s end-to-end full lifecycle manufacturing services cater the specific needs of its aerospace customers including low volume manufacturing, prototype manufacturing, sheet metal, environment test testing and final product testing.
- Test Engineering Services: HCL’s Test Engineering Services HCL offers end-to-end Test Engineering solutions for A&D companies, backed by expertise in test procedure development and performance, environment, and final product testing.
- End-to-end capability - Extensive experience of working on all Avionics systems
- Quality Compliance - HCL’s Avionics practice comply with standards like:
- Development Standards - DO 178B, DO-254, DEF STAN 55, DEF STAN 56, ISO/ IEC 12207, ARINC 653
- Communication Standards - ARINC 429, ARINC 629, ARINC 664, MIL-STD-15538, ARINC 615, AFDX, MDSB, IEEE 1394a, 1394b
- Other Aerospace Standards - MIL-1629A, MIL-HND8K-217F, SAE-ARP 4761, ARINC 608, ARINC 708, ARINC 735, ARINC 76, DO 1600
- Technical Documentation - AECMA, ATA, Spec 1000, iSpec 2000, ATOSS/ JBMTOSS Coding of tasks
- Equipment Bus Standards - GPIB, VISA, PXI
- IPs and Frameworks - HCL enables customers with their in-house development cycles by creating tools and qualifying environments for development such as:
- Indigenously developed ARINC 653-compliant avionics specific fault tolerant real-time operating system
- Quality Framework which mirrors DO 178B AQMS
- Team of 35 Certification consultants who participate in DER reviews
- Mature development Models for Object based and Structure based develoment methodologies
- PCI-Based ARINC 429 simulator card with ARINC 429 bus analyzer software