Defense, Space & Security
The Defense, Space and Security unit at HCL focuses on solving the unique set of challenges faced by the defense companies. In order to assist our customers with defense needs, DSS leverages its extensive experience and expertise of working on some the major military platforms and programs across the globe. This has given us significant expertise and capabilities in engineering, offset and IT work across global programs and the Indian defense market.
Technology: Engineering- Aircraft structures, Mechanical, Electronics and Avionics capabilities with proven expertise in these areas on military platforms for defence customers across the globe
Example: Structural redesign of (both primary and secondary structures) material and its migration into a product lifecycle management (PLM) system for the military aircraft program of a leading European aerospace engineering organization.
Compliance: We are well aware of the stringent compliance requirements when dealing with defense enterprises. Whether it is dealing with export controlled data that requires ITAR compliance and an in-country delivery center or executing a defense project with sensitive data under a Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) at one of our global delivery centers, we have a successful track record in staying fully compliant while executing these projects. Our North Carolina center is ITAR compliant to execute special projects.
A sample list of ITAR projects:
Developing test planning reporting tool to flight test certification for one of the world’s largest jet-planes OEM
Financial information management support for one of the world’s largest jet-planes OEM
Documentation support for a leading manufacturer of specialized aircraft communication equipment and single-user Audio
Technical publications, test plans and test documentation for a global leader in fire protection, fire detection, fire control and fire alarm products for aerospace industry
Application development, testing, engineering and transformational services for State of Virginia
HCL DSS as an Offset Partner
HCL is a premier partner working very closely with the Indian government and defense organizations. HCL is represented on the Defense IT Consultative Committee of Government of India, with project experience in defense. We also have a license for defense manufacturing.
HCL works closely with global customers to support their India program, particularly with a viable and efficient offset obligation fulfillment. We offer complete design to build solutions through Research Development (RD) and engineering services, manufacturing services and after sales service.
HCL's relationship with its customers operates on 31 years of trust across all major segments in Defense and Aerospace. Our proven expertise over a decade in providing aerospace solutions along with the mandatory approvals from Indian agencies gives our customers a complete solution for their offset requirements.
HCL has executed MoU with large OEMs that already have offset obligation from having sold military equipment to India or are looking to participate in large future programs like MMRCA.
- Six state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in India, with an existing manufacturing capacity of 2 Million / year with 4,19,000 square feet built-up area
- Compliance with the international quality standards including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Highly reliable and environment friendly
- Exhaustive manufacturing experience of products including Display Sub Systems, Computing Sub systems, Electronic Sub-Assembly, Electronic Sub systems and other Sub systems
After Sales Service
- GREENS Model – Global Re-Engineering Services Hub caters to L3/L4 re-engineering capability
- 650 repair stations across India using a 3-step, SAP enabled process for all re-engineering operations
- Strong global logistics capability making us as a one stop solution for a global repair hub
- Technologically competent work force and infrastructure which can support any technology to meet any maintenance and service requirement
- Constant enhancement of technical skills through training programs, stringent repair and maintenance processes, customer care processes and ISO certification to ensure the highest quality of service
Project Overview - Military Aircraft
We run the single largest aero-structures engagement for an Indian outsourced services provider. In this aero structures dedicated center which touched peak strength of 380 engineers, a complete military transport aircraft is being redesigned to reduce the cost for build and major reduction in manufacturing cycle time.
Our team of structural design engineers worked on the most complex concept and detailed designs of aero structures both in metallic as well as composite domains. During the execution of this complex design project, HCL also performed stress check activities on most of the structural installations and generated a vast number of stress verification reports especially for those structural members and assemblies which had undergone major design modifications.
HCL is one of the preferred partners of choice for the Indian defense industry and is currently working with the premier defense organizations in India like the Indian Army, Indian Air force and public sector units like Hindustan Aeronautical Limited. HCL is not only involved in the defense projects but also working on multiple space projects of these organizations.
- Automated test equipment and engineering services on aircraft structures for leading Indian aerospace company
- Target Acquisition System for unmanned aerial vehicle
- Development support on engines
- Verification validation and testing services on secure communication system for a European Tier 1 supplying to a US Defense major
- Deploying security cleared personnel for execution of projects in defense areas
- One of the largest IT services/ solutions providers to defense organizations
- Compliance with the international quality standards including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, DO 178B, DO 254
- Extensive experience of working on projects covering ITAR and TAA