Ideathon’14 – The B-School Blogging Contest
What is Ideathon’14?
The future of management is changing rapidly and is targeted at making organizations more adaptable, innovative, engaging and socially responsible. Ideathon is an opportunity for you, the future leaders of management, to share, discuss and collaborate on ideas that you believe will make a difference in the world of management.
HCL extends its culture of Ideapreneurship to management graduates through ideathon—the largest blogging platform for top international b-schools across geos.
If you are a budding ideapreneur, ideathon is your place to shine!
IDEATHON has been EXTENDED and there are HOT NEW TOPICS to choose from!
Ideas should never be limited. And your chance to blog should not be either. So whether or not you’ve participated so far, here’s your chance to blog.
New topics to blog about
- Constant innovation - the key to a smartphone company's success today?
- Facebook’s strategy behind Whatsapp’s $19 Billion acquisition and Google’s response
- GLOCAL strategy of world’s most loved brands
- Inspired by the world of Sports and entertainment – management lessons for future managers
So start blogging and blow us away with your ideas.
Please note: Bloggers can choose any one topic from the above list and can submit only one blog.
How to submit?
This year Ideathon offers you three platforms to submit your entries:
- Describe the stated topic in an ongoing chronicle of information. It could be a diary-type commentary or a post full of GIF.
- In text format the blog/idea should not be more than 400 words.
- People are visual. Why not use interesting and unusual pictures that fits your blog. Use infographics and go beyond words.
- A Power-point presentation can include text, images, sound and video and should be covered in not more than 6 slides.
Remember the contest deadline | Contest closes on May 31, 2014
Here are 3 simple tips which will help you maximize the impact of your entries:
- Keep it Simple – Be concise and concrete in your ideas / thoughts / stories. It will sustain the attention of reviewers as well as readers of your blog entry
- Challenge the status quo – think out of the box! Remember you are challenging the management principles of today so think against the conventional wisdom and get radical in your thoughts.
- Collaborate and share – once you’ve submitted your blog entry, make sure to share it across your network in social media and get the buzz going to garner support. Also – don’t forget to collaborate, so go through other entries and provide your suggestions and comments.
Please note that while everyone is free to submit their blog entries, we will be evaluating the blog posts of only those Business School students who are passing out in either 2014 or 2015.
What is in it for me?
Ideathon recognizes top ideas/blogs and rewards their writers with fabulous opportunities/prizes to help them take a firmer step towards their dream job.
Ideathon’14 offers many exciting rewards:
- Win a trip to any destination of your choice in India
- Shadow an Entrepreneur. Get an opportunity to shadow the founder of Frog Ideas
- Two winning ideas from each of the 3 locations (India, US and UK) will receive a unique mentorship opportunity with HCL leaders and also certificates of mentorship
- Top three bloggers will get their ideas published on HCL Tech Website Facebook Page
- Win iPads
- Top 9 participants from India get to jump the queue during college placements
- The college with the most entries will win the prestigious ideathon shield
- Popular Choice Award
Let your thoughts flow, brings out the creative genius in you and gets others to join you
on your ride of transformation. This will be judged via a combination and relevance of shares / tweets / comments on the post.
- Jury Choice Award
Selected by our panel of judges based on relevance to the topic and originality of thoughts.
To submit your blog, click http://ideastation.hcltech.com home now!