Understanding of Customer & Market Need
- The basic principles of brand building have not changed. As marketers, we continue to invest our time & effort in creating an identity for the brand and communicating it across all stakeholder touch points ensuring a consistent brand experience. However, in the fragmented digital landscape today, brands need to have a social story to leverage the emotional and persuasive elements that make offerings successful.
- Content is consumed across a plethora of devices today. The complex network of connected devices that our stakeholders use for accessing content makes the content delivery a difficult task. With the device landscape becoming more complex, it becomes even harder to access a scalable audience. In the traditional format of outreach, it is very difficult to manage a large scale of audience who fit into our taregting criteria.
- The notion of our stakeholders is changing dramatically. They are no longer passive recipients of content. They create and interact with content across social media publishing platforms 24 x 7.
- Online videos are widely popular, and this format comes with many advantages: visual learners – appealing touch point – can be easily targeted to specific demographic & geographic segmentations - easy to share – effective to build trust with audience.
- The rise of online video is revolutionizing media consumption and YouTube is at the heart of it (http://www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics). YouTube is a destination not just for youth audiences and tech enthusiasts, but for the business community as well
- Over 1.5 million+ business searches occur daily on YouTube globally, making it the 2nd most visited destination for business related searches after Google; 24% of C-level execs prefer video format over text (Google – Forbes research, 2009)
- To empower HCLT's Gen Y dominated 84,000+ employee base to become our brand ambassadors, online video strategy was thought of as an effective solution based on a sample internal survey
- 74% of employees from our potential customer organizations are present in Facebook (source – Facebook Ad Reach estimates with filters at organization level). With 50% of active logins of overall Facebook user base every month and with similar trends observed across other popular social media destinations, a portable content format such as online video was decided to be an effective solution to increase HCLT's brand awareness
- Extensive research indicated that the rest of our stakeholders (analysts, advisors, influencers, media etc) are also active in at least one format of social media publishing platforms (social networks, blogs, micro-blogs, video aggregation sites etc)
- A detailed study on competition's digital activity in search, display & social channels indicated the crucial need to ramp up HCLT's digital presence so as to be able to maximize the ROI for various marketing initiatives. A year ago, HCLT trailed in almost every metric in social reach & engagement with negligible captive audience in principal interactive media platforms
- With stringent budgets to explore this new marketing approach, social media seemed to offer the highest content mobility advantage. It was clear that an integrated digital marketing campaign that is pivoted on social media embracing organic & paid formats is the key to success.