Advanced Mobile Technologies Research
It is a research initiative to explore newer ideas and emerging technologies in the world of mobile communications. These ideas & technologies are leveraged for proposing innovative solutions to our customers.
By 2015 there will be more than 7.1 billion mobile connected devices. In the mobile technology industry B2B and B2C customers have different expectations. For instance, in order to enhance security at the enterprise level, biometrics systems are used. Similarly Near Field Communication (NFC) devices can be used in contactless payment systems, similar to those currently used in credit cards and electronic ticket smartcards. This would allow mobile payment to replace or supplement these systems. Advanced mobile technologies research at HCL is focused towards providing our customers with a competitive advantage.
- Helps achieve faster time-to-market and provides competitive advantage with innovative mobile propositions.
- Reduces the cost of new product or feature development by 20% by leveraging reusable modules developed as part of the POC and prototyping exercise
- Ability to launch innovative products and exciting new features in response to rapidly changing mobile market trends
- Adopt newer standards and compliances emerging in mobility. Adhering to standards like security, accessibility and interoperability will enable wider acceptance for the mobile solutions
- Applied research is used to create specific mobile propositions based on the need of the hour. This would enable customers to develop and roll out new or enhanced mobility solutions with faster time to market
- Technical research on emerging technologies like NFC, Augmented Reality, SocialLocalMobile (SoLoMo) etc. Adoption of such newer technologies open untapped markets and revenue streams
- HCL is investing in prototype development of mobile apps on business processes such as mobile commerce, payments and emerging technologies which will further help in analyzing their feasibility in live scenarios
- Transfer the learning / values to customers by participating in customer’s mobile strategy through workshops and co-innovation