Device Mobility Interface Framework
It is a framework that improves productivity and enables revenue growth for OEM’s. The framework enhances user experience, by enabling smart interactions with devices through mobility and helps control, monitor, manage and use these devices using mobile technologies.
Many legacy and capital intensive devices are deployed with limited or no mobility. OEM’s are also challenged to keep the device functionality updated with rapidly changing user needs. In order to be technologically relevant in today’s dynamic marketplace, it is important to incorporate features which enable smarter interactions with the new products. Users also expect increased availability of the devices. According to Kalorama Information Group, the market for handheld devices for healthcare use alone is expected to be $11.5 billion. It is clear that OEM’s and users are looking for ways to incorporate mobility in their offering for new as well as existing products.
- Improving productivity by reducing device downtime through remote trouble shooting which increases the probability of first-time-right
- Avoiding technology obsolescence by bringing mobility to legacy devices thus reducing the capital expenditure and liability. In addition data analytics creates an edge for future product enhancements
- By bringing mobility to devices it makes them more accessible and convenient for users, even on the go – thereby helping users experience the benefits without compromising their lifestyle
- Enables connectivity to a single or small cluster of devices typically ranging from capital intensive equipment to critical personal care devices
Enables communication between OEM’s and handheld devices to help users
- Monitor the devices for possible abuse, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance
- Control the device for intended behavior
- Manage the devices for software patches, new OEM applications installation, etc.
- Since mobility is the need of the hour, OEM’s can use the solution framework for new products. It can also be used for updating the launched products and modernizing the legacy systems
- Provides mobility to devices with varied interfaces like USB, RS232, Bluetooth, Ethernet, RF etc.