Device Product Launch and Acceleration (DPLA)
The Situation Today
To differentiate themselves in a crowded and competitive market, device manufacturers have been launching new products in ambitious time frames — while trying to adapt to rapidly changing technologies, provide customization for local markets, and maintain a cost advantage. The ability to achieve all that and optimize investments, rapidly monetize new products and technologies, and manage obsolescence calls for a well-considered launch program.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s DPLA combines the best solutions for device launch and acceleration, spanning product categories and business verticals. This solution suite helps customers rapidly monetize R&D investments by shortening launch windows or by extending the life of the product through new features and services.
Here’s a snapshot of our offerings:
- Plug-and-play accelerators for testing and development: UC test framework, media orchestration engine, video quality lab, simplify, mobile connectivity test (reduces time to market by 20%)
- Dedicated service line for testing, certification, and compliance (improves acceleration and efficiency in deployment by 30%)
- Industrial design services that help boost usability scores by 20%, resulting in higher product adoption
What You Can Expect
HCL’s suite of DPLA solutions provides a wide range of business benefits:
- Digital Supply Chain Management : end-to-end video ecosystem expertise — from content ingestion to processing and delivery, and optimization to consumption across multiple domains and verticals — that reduces end-to-end content processing cycle time by 30%
- C3 – Connect, Communicate, and Collaborate: accelerates the development and testing phases of UCC devices and applications, reducing go-to-market time by 20%
- Android upgrade framework: uses standardized automation and test tools to accelerate the upgrade cycle by 30% and go to market by 15% for smartphones and tablets
- Simplify: an industrialized and tool-driven product development process with expert system, online collaboration, and knowledge management modules that leverages previous experience to simplify the design process throughout the lifecycle, reducing effort and cycle time by 30% and boosting confidence in getting it right the first time by 95%
What We’ve Done for Others
HCL has delivered substantial value to customers by helping them manage and accelerate their new-product launches in a competitive environment.
- Digital Supply Chain Management:
- A leading entertainment company was facing a number of challenges in the management of web properties, such as content delivery delays, disparate processes, limited bandwidth, licensing costs, and inadequate. Using HCL’s services, the company was able to address all these problems and save US $3.3 million in licensing costs, reduce server load by up to 70%, increase productivity by 30% increased productivity, and comply with FCC regulations.
- The Department of Film of a Southeast Asian country had non-digitized video content, was not able to monetize its huge video assets, and lacked the space to store these assets. Using HCL’s services, the organization was able to address these issues and increase operational efficiency by 25%, automate operations, and integrate and centralize asset management.
- C3 – Connect, Communicate and Collaborate: HCL is working with one of the largest telecom OEMs on a unified messaging platform. The scope of work includes development, verification, and support and is poised to result in significant cost reduction and increased test efficiency across multiple product releases.
Business Impact through Product Engineering
Engineering Services Outsourcing - Unraveling Myths