Hardware Product Engineering
HCL offers domain-specific hardware engineering and design services in VLSI ASIC, FPGA, and SoC engineering, board design, embedded software, mechanical engineering, and design, prototyping, and value-added engineering services such as compliance engineering, independent verification and validation and low volume manufacturing. We offer these services for partial lifecycle product engineering and for full lifecycle solutions.
Challenges We Address
HCL has been delivering the complete gamut of hardware engineering product services for global product companies for more than a decade. We understand the changing customer needs and are tenacious to develop and deliver innovative and future-enabled hardware technologies products.
HCL offers domain-specific hardware engineering and design services in VLSI ASIC, FPGA prototyping, FPGA design, and SoC engineering, board design, embedded software, mechanical engineering, and design, prototyping and value-added engineering services such as compliance engineering, independent verification and validation and low volume manufacturing.
HCL’s hardware design capabilities have been built and refined over the decades and enriched with specialist partnerships to provide spec to silicon engineering services to OEMs and component manufacturers in verticals like aerospace, automotive, hi-tech, medical electronics, consumer electronics, computer architecture, networking, and storage.
The HCL Advantage
- Proven Expertise:We have more than thirty years of Engineering and RD product engineering expertise and have been involved in developing critical hardware products.
- Strategic Partner: With offices and development centers in more than 30 countries, HCL can be your Global Innovation and RD Partner – with the hub in India.
- Greater market penetration: We enable our customers to serve existing markets better as well as enter adjacent and new markets.
- Next Gen Solutions: We offer complete portfolio of product engineering services ranging from concept,hardware architecture design, designing, prototyping, manufacture, testing, after market support, to re-engineering and developing Next-Gen solutions.
- Quick Time-to-market: We follow domain-specific quality standards and processes and have reusable components to ensure quick time-to-market the product.
How can HCL help you?
- ASIC FPGA design: HCL specializes in VLSI ASIC, FPGA, SoC design and verification services. Our expertise in solid state system engineering including end-to-end development involving architecture design, RTL design, developing full-functional FPGA prototypes, verification, synthesis and back-end support helps customers improve their design cycle and achieve faster go to market.
- Board Design: HCL offers expertise for concept to board prototyping – including diagnostics, BSP and Driver development. We have completed PCB designs of upto 20 layers, 800 MHz Bus speeds, 3.2 GHz signal traces. We test boards for signal integrity and standards compliance and have achieved the fastest time for developing a quality PCB.
- PCB Layout Services: HCL offers PCB Layout Services for in-house Components Engineering Support, in-house PCB CAD design using industry standard CAD packages, we have strategic tie ups for quick turnaround PCB fabrication, PCB assembly Rework including BGA components.
- Product Re-engineering Services: Product Re-engineering Services: HCL’s hardware engineering services team has developed solutions for obsolescence management of hardware products where we help customers manage components obsolescence, cost reduction, technology changes, and feature enhancements. We can also reengineer your product to improve manufacturing process.
- Independent Verification and Validation: HCL is currently the only India-based Global services company to have an in-house ISO 17025 accredited EMI / EMC testing laboratory. The lab offers full compliance tests for OEM products as per applicable industry standards like IEC, EN, CISPR, FCC, ASTM or other customers' specifications.
- Compliance Engineering Services: HCL provides complete compliance engineering services for Hardware product companies - for RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) helping these hardware engineering firm meet government directives in time.
What we’ve done for others
HCL's hardware engineering unit setup customer specific labs and clean rooms for autonomy of projects and established a collaborative engagement model with a customer’s India captive center. We were therefore able to help them achieve cost savings of $150M over 12 years.
Visit us tol earn more about Software Product engineering Services