Cloud based Machine to Machine (M2M) middleware platform based on open standards to provide management, analytics and alerts for a broad range of devices. It is designed to cater to equipment manufacturers (OEMs / ODMs), service providers (TSP / ISP), managed service providers and cloud / online service providers.
Global market for M2M software will rise from $192 million in 2009 to $2.1 billion by 2015 – according to ABI Research. This will lead to a gradual shift from vertically integrated closed solutions to a layered open approach where devices will communicate using wired or wireless technology with software services to create new service opportunities. The need is for a one-stop shop solution that can be used anywhere irrespective of location, and with one solution provider taking overall responsibility for managing the overall complexity.
- Manage an almost limitless range of wireline (Ethernet), wireless WAN /Cellular (GSM / GPRS / EDGE, CDMA, 3G/4G), Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11,WiMax), Wireless PAN (Zigbee / Z-Wave etc.) connected devices for single or multiple locations, from anywhere in the world, through a single platform
- Empowers service providers to offer dynamic value added services such as home networking, security, voice over IP, all centrally managed
- Proactive device diagnostics minimize the cost of on-site support & lowers downtime of connected devices
- Remote management and control of how and when the connected devices’ software is updated helps keep the devices functioning optimally and securely
- Supports a wide range of device classes and protocols including OSGi, TR-069, OMA-DM, ONVIF, SNMP, AMT; and can also be extended to include proprietary protocols
- Strong focus on security at device / user/ service level – authentication, authorization and accounting
- Data protection – All communication between devices and MaqPlex platform is secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- Robust architecture to support highly scalable M2M applications connected to millions of devices