Software Product Engineering Services
The ever competitive software product industry continues to witness new technologies sweeping the market, heightened consolidation waves and a move to utility based software delivery through Software as a Service (SaaS) and Web 2.0 technologies. The increasing pace of innovation has in turn shortened the life cycle of software products. Visionary industry leaders have realized the importance of collaboration to stay competitive and have started building their global product development ecosystem to ‘out innovate’ competitors.
Against this background, Software Product Companies need more than just another offshore services vendor on a piecemeal basis to collaborate for success. They need a strategic software engineering services partner who can share and execute based on the product’s long term strategic vision. At HCL, we share the innovation and product strategy vision of our partners. We are fully committed in increasing the effectiveness of innovation while adding the right value in executing that vision and getting it right the first time!
HCL is a leading offshore software development and software product engineering partner to global software companies, including 7 out of the top 10 companies.
HCL Software Engineering Practice taps into HCL's multi domain expertise, high impact services, investments in IPs and infrastructure and (r)evolutionary engagement model to help clients launch new products faster, manage unparalleled customer experience, enhance product lifecycles and exploit market adjacencies.
Leveraging our software product engineering experience and expertise for over 15 years, we provide services along the product development lifecycle to enable our clients to innovate faster and to optimize the realization of innovation.
Leverage HCL's Unique Solutions to maximize your product potential
1. Creating an unmatched value proposition through SaaS in an accelerated timeframe
SaaS has revolutionized the way ISVs deliver, manage and support software. We have successfully partnered with industry leaders to facilitate their move to SaaS to reach new customers, exploit market adjacencies and enhanced customer experience. Leveraging our experience of over a decade and proven-expertise in software product engineering we have developed a proven program to help our clients adopt SaaS in an accelerated time frame.
- Integrated service reduces time-to-market by 40% - HCL provides integrated end-to-end SaaS service spanning across - Consulting, Enablement, Hosting and Management services. Working with multiple vendors takes significantly more time for SaaS adoption
- HCL's SaaS service delivery platform - Understanding the needs of ISVs, HCL has invested in developing a service delivery platform - Agora, a pre-configured monitoring and management tool, which significantly reduces time-to-market
2. Maximize Web 2.0 Impact
Since the beginning of applications such as search and social networking - HCL has successfully engineered web products and services which fully harness the power of Web 2.0 - including a Real-estate search website, Travel portal, Leading content portal, Geo-spatial search and mash-ups among others. HCL has also developed an Enterprise Community Online Platform - a quick start platform for organizations to launch Enterprise 2.0 applications and services.
3. On-Demand Test Lab
HCL has invested in an on-demand software testing lab that allows ISVs to reduce their software product testing cycle times and lower their capital expenditure on testing hardware and software.
The main features of the Lab include:
- Agile and Flexible engagement model
- Pay per use, ready infrastructure and
- Ability to test product remotely with in-house testing teams using a lab-on-rent model
- Access to HCL’s pool of testing experts
- Access to HCL’s multi domain and industry experts
- Detailed guidelines and scripting standards for test automation
- Best practices on testing methodologies in specialized test areas
- Test Lab with variety of servers on demand
- Partnerships with testing tool vendors - all test servers provisioned with standard testing software
- Tools to ensure isolation, availability and security testing
- Virtualization of server platform through VMWare tools
4. Ensuring client’s product success with ground breaking product outcome based engagement - Global Risk Reward Partnership
HCL's Global Risk Reward Partnership (GRRP) is based on the fundamental of joint outcome ownership of a product. HCL has successfully partnered with global technology leaders in positively influencing their product revenues under a risk-reward sharing partnership.
The mandate of HCL's GRRP model is to help our partners successfully exploit market adjacencies to increase their product revenues. The market adjacencies can be geographical, new customer segment, technological or vertical adjacencies.
- Mitigate risk - we put our skin in the game to share it with you
- Free valuable locked-in resources and deploy them in newer core innovation projects
- Enhanced revenue and market share by exploiting market adjacencies
- Variabilization of your R&D and support cost
Engineering and R&D Services (Software)
Engineering and R&D Services (Software & Platform)