Rapid Deployment Toolkit (RDT) is a solution for Oil & Gas that has been specifically tailored to give Oil & Gas companies a jump start in successfully deploying SAP. RDT incorporates proven accelerators, templates, and HCL Enterprise Application Services’s (EAS) years of experience in the O&G industry to deliver the SAP solution to specification and on time. RDT was originally built to meet the exacting standards of an SAP Business All-in-One solution, and remains the first and only industry solution qualified by SAP for Oil & Gas in North America. Now in its second generation, RDT has been extended to meet the needs of the broader oil & gas market, including:
- E&P companies
- Oilfield services companies
- Drilling contractors (both land and offshore)
- Oilfield equipment manufacturers with make-to-stock (MTS) or make-to-order (MTO) production requirements
- Pipeline companies, gas plant and LNG operators
- Oil & Gas distribution companies
- Marine Services for Oil & Gas (both blue water and inland waterways)
- Remote operations of large integrated and national oil companies.
How do Oil & Gas and Oilfield Services companies benefit from HCL EAS’s Rapid Deployment Toolkit?
RDT for O&G allows companies to implement SAP faster and more cost effectively. In addition they are able to adopt redesigned business processes and transformational change more quickly and with lasting results. Crucially, using the RDT tool, companies can utilize their scarce project resources more effectively by allowing them to focus on the critical design questions rather than non-value added areas. The end result is that companies that use RDT establish a business backbone based on the world’s leading ERP system, SAP, while taking advantage of years of lessons learned and best practices from SAP and HCL EAS.
Wherever you are in the industry, RDT for O&G is fully compatible with other elements of the SAP Oil & Gas Solution Map including JVA, PRA, OGSD and IS-OIL. In addition to key industry requirements, RDT for O&G also addresses usability and adoption requirements of the industry. Usability features of RDT for O&G include:
- Daily production log input and fi eld-based purchase requisitioning via SAP Interactive Forms powered by Adobe allowing field crews to input daily labor, production and consumption data with fewer errors or submit purchase requisitions in a disconnected mode
- WBS based cost planning and work confirmations
- Resource-related billing for both crews and equipment
- Customized Pricing and AP workbenches for OGSD customers that simplify how users interact with the system to perform these high volume tasks.
A pioneer in the use of pre-configured solutions in the O&G industry, HCL EAS developed RDT for O&G by combining SAP best practices and a deep understanding of the industry's business processes with implementation lessons-learned. RDT for O&G provides a flexible platform to jump start a company's SAP implementation and integrate core business and back-office functions.
Use the flexibility of RDT for O&G to get you up and running on SAP to streamline and automate management of all areas of your business
- Job Profitability & Costing: How much was really spent on this job? What is the true profitability of the project? You will have the capability to allocate the costs of labor, contractors, supplies, external services, and cost allocations and distributions to a specific job. No more "hidden" costs.
- Equipment Utilization: Having problems keeping track of your equipment? Want to know which tools are under-utilized? Get easy to use reports that track your equipment by category, project, location, and more.
- Support for Remote Users: Using SAP Interactive Forms, powered by Adobe, you can record the labor and materials used, launch purchase requisitions, and perform other important tasks directly from the field. Even when there is limited system connectivity, field crews can accurately and efficiently capture and enter information.
- Manufacturing: For O&G companies that produce refined products, equipment and/or tools, SAP automates requisitions for both Make-To-Stock (MTS) and Make-To-Order (MTO) manufacturing.
- Equipment Planning and Scheduling: Did you just win a new project but don't know if the equipment needed is tied-up? Is the equipment at project "X" available or on "stand-by"? Get answers with the integrated planning board (available mid 2008). Equipment, tools, packages, and even crews can be tracked, real-time, by project and status. You will be integrated with maintenance and inspection management, you can maximize utilization and capital investments.