Smart Metering Solution - mCEM
mCEM is HCL Enterprise Application Services’s enhancement to allow utility customers to take control of their energy consumption through the Smart Grid and Smart Meter network. Enabling customer to reduce their energy usage and have much greater visibility of their consumption wherever they are. mCEM was conceived with the goal of adding the last and most important part of the smart energy puzzle: The smart customer.
mCEM is an end-to-end solution around Smart Grid web enablement bringing energy usage control to residential consumers, small commercial and industrial customers.
mCEM will address the complexities between behavior change, rating and billing attributes. This information will be combined with consumption details to impact change and to automate more complex processes such as demand response against a customer’s profile and usage.
Key Benefits of mCEM
- Enables customers to supervise energy consumption lower energy cost
- Facilitates selling of Energy Efficiency Products/Services Reduces Cost to serve per customer Utility
- Provides Infrastructure for Non Commodity Services
Allows for better Customer Service
- Improves accuracy of energy consumption & billing
- Accelerates service execution time
- Improves debt management
- Facilitates customer-friendly prepayment products
- Extends range of energy efficiency products
- Supports Forecasting and Energy Portfolio Management
- Improves Reliability of Service
Why is mCEM necessary?
Truly a customer experience, with product/tariff re-pricing and period-to-date costing the consumer can see with the dollars and cents of their energy usage. Going where the customer goes: on the Web with mCEM, in a text message, on the in-home device display, and yes “there’s an app for that” on the iPhone and iPad. We bring the important information to the customer in a way to fit any lifestyle. With features like access to real-time voltage checks, current consumption, and access to in-home devices and smart appliances we give the customer the power to affect that usage. As a comprehensive customer interaction portal, mCEM truly puts the customer in control of his account and energy usage.