A large number of organizations have already implemented data warehouses with reporting and ad hoc access. In fact, most are on their second or third iteration and are looking for ways to solve the following issues:
- Increase performance
- Decrease operational costs
- Consolidate multiple data warehouses/marts
- Incorporate Big Data sources
- Performance Assessment – Assessment of the current environment to provide recommendations.
- Strategy and Roadmap – In depth current state assessment, requirements evaluation, future state architecture and implementation roadmap.
- Tool Evaluation & Selection – A managed process for use case definition, request for information, proof of concept execution and proposal assessment.
- Architecture & Design – Assessment and recommendations for performance improvements, modeling (conceptual, logical, physical), database tuning, hardware & network architecture and design.
- Migration/Consolidation – Planning, mapping, data movement, validation and retirement of multiple data warehouses/marts.
- Upgrade Service – Planning and execution of data warehouse database and BI environment upgrade.
- KPI & Metric Definition – Identification, rationalization and definition of cross functional KPI and metric repository.
- Scorecard Design & Implementation – Definition of key reporting metrics and design of visual scorecard including alerting detail drill through.
- Report and Dashboard Development – Development of reports and dashboards for desktop, mobile and cloud.
- BI Center of Excellence - Definition of organizational charter, team structure, roles and skills, asset types, service types, governance rules and cross-enterprise service agreements.
- SaaS Integration – Evaluation and integration of SaaS provided BI tools and data into the enterprise architecture.
- Maintenance and Enhancement Services – Production and application maintenance services.
- BI Migration Framework – Step-by-step process for migrating between BI platforms.
- Migration Validator - Automates the process of validating the BI reports pre and post migration.
- BI Inventory Consolidator - Automates the BI report rationalization process before the migration
- Report Rationalization Framework – Performance and tracking statistics for usage across all BI applications.
- Global Reporting and Analytical Factory (GRAF) – Complete set of processes, frameworks and components for rapid report creation.
- Appliance Selection Tool - Scoring models for appliance vendors.
- Appliance Implementation Methodology – Comprehensive methodology from architecture, implementation and support.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Reference Architecture – Best practice based architecture for a layered and scalable architecture.
- Performance Management Framework - A collection of acceleration techniques and monitoring capabilities for optimizing operational data store and data warehousing performance.
- Landing Zone Optimizer – A tool for handling multiple source files in parallel from different heterogeneous sources.
- Netezza (IBM)
- IBM Blu
- Exadata (Oracle)
- HANA (SAP)
- Vertica (HP)
- Cognos (IBM)
- BusinessObjects (SAP)
- OBIEE (Oracle)
- SSRS (Microsoft)