Organization Change Management (OCM)
The Change Management (CM) Group, which is a part of the Enterprise Transformation Services, assists organizations to plan, lead & manage human side of implementing strategic change. We help our clients to create an environment of successful change.
We partner with clients to design and implement change strategies and actions that are proactive and real-time and facilitate quick realization of business objectives. We provide systematic architecture for leading and managing change based on scientific change management principles. We work to build the clients capabilities to lead and manage change in the short-term and sustain the change in the long-term.
Case for Change
A survey of Fortune 500 executives revealed that 67% ERP implementation did not realize its full process and systems benefits due to failure to address change Management issues.
As per Gartner - Enterprises that fail to prepare and support their workforces for major and continuing organizational change will miss business objectives by at least 30% and will experience turnover rates of at least 20% annually for their key knowledge and leadership workers.
Many other studies also have revealed this.
A very common theme among these failures is a lack of understanding of the power of the collective human system to obstruct the progress of initiatives. The result has been to reinforce fear, defensiveness, and cynicism among employees toward change efforts. Over the long haul, a failure of change means that business strategies are not accomplished; resistance to change increases and the organization's survival is threatened.
The success or failure of any change initiatives depends on not only the business demand, strategic decision of top management but on attitudes, values, perception, beliefs of the people and their active participation. In change process human aspects play a crucial role in ensuring the change really happen.
Our Change Management Track is very comprehensive. In Large Scale Change ERP Implementations such as SAP R/3, Oracle 11i, Outsourcing, Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A); it runs parallel to the Large Scale Change Implementation Track.
We generally recommend Change Management Interventions for Technology Solutions / Large Scale Change Implementation with initiatives spread across the project duration. The entire change management track is generally recommended in three clear phases:
Change Management Methodology
HCL has a proven capability with Global Companies in managing their Change initiatives. Our Methodology is extremely Comprehensive and Real Time in nature of execution.
- Preparation - Understanding the Organization and the Change Initiative
- Building Foundation & Leveraging Commitment - A comprehensive set of interventions to ensure a buy in from all levels of the organization. This buy in begins with the Leadership Engagement and follows with the Change Management Network set up within the organization by informal leader cutting across the hierarchies and functional silos.
- Building Change Management and System Competency - Building the capability of the organization to handle change, through formal and informal training and communication. The interventions also involve support to the Technical Training on the new system.
- Performance Management & Resource Deployment - Assistance in setting up performance parameters to ensure productivity in new business scenario as well as ensure strategic staff redeployment (if any) and key performer's retention.
- Real Time Change Strategy - A dynamic Change Strategy with regular inputs from CM Network, surveys and business analysis with subject matter experts (SME's).
- Communication Track - A systematic and dynamic communication track to keep the organization well informed about the aspects of the project and the change.
- Sustenance Track and Post Implementation Sustenance - A series of interventions to sustain the Change Initiative and the Change itself; during and after the Initiative.
- CM approach customized to the nature of the project and prevailing organizational context
- Early identification and timely involvement of various stakeholders across the organization
- Periodic risk assignment and careful diagnosis of real time inputs
- Continuous feedback mechanism for proactive course correction
- Involving stakeholders & taking their inputs before drawing exhaustive communication plan
- Handholding exercises with stakeholders for smooth transition
- Mechanism for post implementation sustenance
We provide change management consulting in:
- Any large scale IT implementation
- E Governance
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Smooth Transition
- Employee Morale intact
- Employee skilled & ready
- Retention of key performers
- Quick attainment of business objective
- Synergistic Relationship