“We chose HCL as a strategic partner to help us manage our existing applications and implement new technologies. HCL has been responsive to the needs of the IT group and our customers, and has been committed to delivering high-quality services with a level of flexibility required by our business."
Excel services is a new server technology included in the Microsoft Office SharePoint server 2007. This service development is a joint initiative between Microsoft and HCL's Penstock Product Engineering division to create common taxonomies using HCL's capabilities in capital markets and leverage Microsoft's new Excel Services/(MOSS) platform.
The reporting structure covers areas like risk reporting, securities financing, derivatives processing and market trends analysis. It is a server version of Excel that allows sharing, versioning and auditing of the workbooks that enable:
- Integration of Vector language
- Spreadsheets act as data warehouse
- Spreadsheets as an array store
- Grid deployment using spreadsheet
- Enterprise-oriented spreadsheets providing single-window to enterprise data
- Complete auditable and accountability with in-built and customized features
The solution provides the best of traditional Excel and client server-based features that can easily run on grid for performance enhancements, with in-built auto compile, auto-validate and audit options. It can also enhance the capability to build rapid applications reducing the time to market. Other features:
- Enables one to load and perform calculations on a server
- Provides a server-side HTML rendering engine to display worksheets in a browser
- Provides integrated document and web content management with policies and workflow
- Has rich and web-based front-ends
- Provides enterprise scalability and rich data search options