In response to the changing IT climate and the need for IT to be more relevant to its business, Microsoft Mobile Oy decided it needed a leaner, more transparent, more agile IT department that could deliver consistent services across the globe — and it needed it quickly. That’s when HCL stepped in.
HCL In Finland
Finland has a highly industrialized economy. According to the World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness Report, it ranks first in health, primary education, and higher education and training. A strong focus on education has laid the foundation for accelerating technological adoption and innovation in an economy that has become increasingly dominated by information and communication technologies.
Companies in Finland are outsourcing in an effort to deal with the increasing complexity and competition of a global marketplace. Through an Operations Center in Helsinki and a Delivery Center in Espoo, HCL is working with leading global Finnish companies in the telecommunications, manufacturing, and financial services industries on their transformation projects, and providing global delivery support with value-added services.
HCL’s Nordic journey began in 1999 with a regional headquarters in Stockholm. Today HCL has 6 local offices and 3 delivery centers with over 2500 consultants doing transformational work for over 30 Nordic customers. 5 of HCL’s top 10 engagements come from Europe.
- HCL is working with UPM, the world's third largest paper pulp maker in Finland, to manage its information technology infrastructure. HCL will provide data center, end user support, network services and professional IT services to UPM. HCL will provide these services through its data center in Finland and its Espoo Delivery Center.
- OP Pohjola, the largest Financial Services Group in Finland has engaged HCL to implement, support and maintain its claims management solution. The scope of this long-term engagement covers the delivery of a turn-key centralized claims management software solution that would be created on top of the standard Guidewire Software platform.
- HCL and Nokia are in a long-term, global IT infrastructure management outsourcing services engagement, the scope of which includes data center, network management, end user computing and cross-functional service management across Nokia's global IT infrastructure operations. HCL is deploying its MTaaS™ and MyCloud™ solutions and leveraging its ‘Enterprise of the Future’ (EoF) Framework to provide a new infrastructure operating platform for Nokia.
In response to the changing IT climate and the need for IT to be more relevant to its business, Microsoft Mobile Oy decided it needed a leaner, more transparent, more agile IT department that could deliver consistent services across the globe — and it needed it quickly. This case study examines the journey Microsoft Mobile Oy took to modernize its IT operations through an infrastructure outsourcing engagement with HCL. HCL took control of Microsoft Mobile Oy's infrastructure, transitioning the entire IT operations from the incumbent providers and in-house IT operations. HCL’s first task was to transform fundamentally the entire IT infrastructure operation — reducing costs by 50% and delivering a simpler, standards-based operational model.Download the CaseReturn To Top
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL won the European Outsourcing Association’s ‘IT Outsourcing Project of the Year Award’ for the successful IT Transformation of a leading multinational pharmaceutical firm
- HCL was declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014
- HCL is recognized as a champion of women’s empowerment principles.
- Through a culture of transparency that enables constant innovation among employees empowered to lead clients to grow their business in new ways
- Employees trained to fit into clients’ work cultures and environments
- Extensive training in cross-cultural awareness through tools such as Globesmart
- Employees trained to build and sustain trusting and transparent business relationships based on mutual advantage
- Approaches are complemented by traditional HR support, idea exchange events, and blog-sharing and discussion forums
- A collaborative forum of more than 30 CIOs who help HCL align its solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers