HCL enabled a global pharmaceutical major transform its IT operations across 3 continents. The company faced major IT challenges that included the integration of over 5000 heterogeneous applications in divisional silos, and with over 3000 local vendors, the high IT costs forced it to look at moving towards a Shared IT Services model. HCL embarked on the transformation program by providing a world-class integrated system that improved its business processes and provided a foundation for improving customer service and reducing business support costs. HCL reduced local vendor dependence to just 30, and now handles 80% of “Run the Business” projects, more than 50% of “Change the Business” projects, and more than 10 “Transform the Business” projects, along with L1, L2, and L3 helpdesk support.
HCL In Latin America
Latin America is a prominent and appealing location among emerging markets - thanks to its modern telecommunications infrastructure, physical proximity to and cultural affinity with the United States, and its trilingual workforce.
Businesses in Latin America pursue a combination of outsourcing and in-sourcing strategies, with centralized, integrated end-to-end processes, indicating higher maturity levels in the adoption of IT services. They choose service delivery locations on the basis of their unique service requirements and factors such as skill-sets, performance, and scalability, while diversifying their offerings in order to deepen their involvement in local and international markets.
HCL’s history in Brazil commenced with opening its headquarters in São Paulo in 2009. Today, we are also present in the Rio de Janeiro, Paraná, Pernambuco and Amazonas states, with a Global Delivery Center (GDC) in São Leopoldo. HCL has built up a strong presence, offering software development and IT services in Brazil to a portfolio of more than 15 local and global Fortune 500 clients, currently managing services for the LATAM region in Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Peru, Equador, Costa Rica, Colombia and Guatemala. HCL has also developed strong connections with local governments to support its growing ecosystem in Latin America.
- For an American multinational automaker, and for a multinational mining company, HCL is setting up multilingual IT service desks and providing end-to-end IT infrastructure support, global account management, remote desktop services, vendor management and disaster recovery services.
- For a multinational appliance manufacturer, HCL is setting up a 24/7 IT service desk, and providing end-to-end IT back-office and operations monitoring services, with “hands & feet” local IT support.
- For a Fortune 500 corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products, HCL is setting up a 24/7 IT service desk, providing end-to-end IT infrastructure support with disaster recovery, and vendor management services.
- HCL is in a strategic partnership with an American multinational insurance corporation, to provide skilled professionals for project development and the testing of multiple financial apps.
- HCL is in a transformational engagement with an American multinational technology company, to improve user experience in its internet search tool.
- For one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, HCL is delivering application support, maintenance and development services
- For a global clinical services provider, HCL is providing application development and testing services to deliver innovative solutions
HCL enabled a global pharmaceutical major transform its IT operations across 3 continents. The company faced major IT challenges that included the integration of over 5000 heterogeneous applications in divisional silos, and with over 3000 local vendors, the high IT costs forced it to look at moving towards a Shared IT Services model. HCL embarked on the transformation program by providing a world-class integrated system that improved its business processes and provided a foundation for improving customer service and reducing business support costs. HCL reduced local vendor dependence to just 30, and now handles 80% of “Run the Business” projects, more than 50% of “Change the Business” projects, and more than 10 “Transform the Business” projects, along with L1, L2, and L3 helpdesk support.Return To Top
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL facilities reflect the local culture and ensure no negative ecological impact
- HCL is an active participant in the Green Tech Park Commission - establishing best environmental standards for companies in the Tecnosinos Park in Brazil
- Involved in environmental sustainability initiatives concerning the correct disposal of materials and the rational use of renewable goods
- Running development programs in the region for vulnerable populations, such as women and children
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers.
- Employees trained to fit into clients’ work cultures and environments
- Extensive training in cross-cultural awareness through tools such as Globesmart
- Employees trained to build and sustain trusting and transparent business relationships based on mutual advantage
- HCL is a significant player in the local market - evaluating opportunities to invest, establishing partnerships, and developing local capabilities
- Delivering services from this region to markets like the U.S., Europe, and others
- Ninety-nine percent of HCL employees across Brazil, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile are local
- More than 100 SAP consultants at our Puerto Rico development center; over 500 IT professionals in São Paulo and São Leopoldo, Brazil.