HCL optimized the operations of a leading retail chain in the U.S. across 465 stores in 45 states. Through its Integrated Infrastructure and Operations Management (IOMC) model, HCL reduced vendor management overheads through strategic partnerships, and improved IT operations through the introduction of ITIL frameworks and technology solutions, SLA metrics, and service request automation. HCL provided Level-2/3 support for all its applications and 24x7 application operations support. Through HCL’s “managed services” model, operations became more flexible and agile, helping the company optimize costs and increase profitability.
HCL In United States
HCL America was established in 1989, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Based on a radical assessment of the market and customer insights, HCL introduced a comprehensive Services+ portfolio that established it as one of the most reliable IT companies in the USA. The portfolio includes:
- IT Transformation: APO, SOA & Middleware, ERP, ADM, Legacy, Web Technologies, Content Management, Independent Verification & Validation
- Operations Transformation: Applications/ ERP Maintenance and Operations, Infrastructure Management and Operations, BPO
- Technology Transformation: Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software as a Service (SaaS)
HCL recognized for its unique management style
HCL's innovative thinking and management style raised its profile in the U.S. and also made it the subject for classroom discussions, following the publication of a case study on HCL by the Harvard Business School (HBS) in 2007. The HBS case study focuses on HCL's transformation that started in 2005, highlighting its 'Employees First' strategy (read more on www.hbsp.harvard.edu). Fortune featured HCL as the 'World's Most Innovative Management', while BusinessWeek, USA Today and Investor's Business Daily recognized our unique management approach. Industry analyst firm IDC acknowledged HCL as the "disruptive force" capable of leading the "future of the IT services industry".
HCL respects the contract, and will do whatever it takes, over and above it, to ensure its success.
HCL is one of the reputed IT consulting companies in the USA by virtue of the fact that it creates strong and long-lasting relationships that go beyond the contract. HCL serves a diverse group of Fortune 1000 customers across the aerospace, automotive, energy and utilities, financial services (banking, capital markets and insurance), government, hi-tech and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, media and entertainment, retail and CPG, and telecommunication industries.
WyCAN Consortium, Consumers Energy, and Blue Cross and Blue Shield Associations engaged HCL to transform their IT business processes and develop citizen-centric solutions. Among the private sector conglomerates seeking new ways to achieve market competitiveness through omnipresent connectivity and new technologies are the Great American Insurance Group, Pegasystems, Merck, Deutsche Bank, and other leading companies who are leveraging HCL’s core capabilities and IT solutions in America.
- HCL is in a multi-year IT infrastructure deal with a U.S.-based cable and communications service provider. HCL’s Global Delivery Center at Raleigh, North Carolina will be leveraged to deliver these services.
- HCL is managing and maintaining the digital platform - including Web and Mobile platforms - for a leading American financial services company.
- HCL is working with a U.S. headquartered multinational telecom giant to build a next generation digital platform that supports one of its strategic acquisitions. HCL is integrating its e-commerce platforms and building new business process flows for the company.
- HCL is in a multi-million dollar IT infrastructure services deal with a leading U.S.-based food and beverage company. The engagement covers data center consolidation, workplace services, and the management of its voice and data networks.
- HCL is an Engineering Services Partner for a leading U.S.-based medical devices organization. HCL is supporting and providing services in the areas of new product development, product sustenance, end of life management, and regulation compliance. This will enable the client to increase the overall R&D throughput in its various divisions.
- HCL is working with a large U.S.-based multi-state gas utility on an application modernization program for its legacy mainframe billing software, with SAP’s Customer Relationship & Billing solution, ClickSoftware’s Workforce Optimization solution, and SAP’s Mobile Work Manager. This digital transformation initiative will focus on improving customer experience across multiple channels.
- HCL is in an integrated ALT ASM engagement with a leading Home and Personal care products company headquartered in the U.S.
- HCL is working with one of the world’s largest social media companies to manage its network infrastructure globally.
- HCL is managing the IT Infrastructure of a U.S.-based Fortune 50 technology company. HCL will be delivering next-gen data center services, including cloud enablement and orchestration, and operational automation and autonomics.
- HCL is working with one of North America’s largest electric utilities to provide comprehensive IT infrastructure, data center, network, IT security and end user support across multiple regions.
- HCL is in an IT infrastructure contract with one of America’s largest financial advisors, for providing end-to-end IT infrastructure services.
HCL helped reduce application support spend and unlocked business value for an American company that designs and manufactures electronic and bio-analytical measurement equipment. By leveraging HCL’s Managed Services Framework (MASCoTTM) and ALT ASMTM principles to build a highly scalable integrated support model for unified application support services, HCL was able to reduce the application support spend by 20%, reduce incident volumes (through proactive problem management and automation) by 11%, and reduce the number of critical incidents (P1/P2) through Kaisen ‘5 Whys’ by 40%. End-to-end resolution SLAs improved by 10%, end user satisfaction scores by 12%, and the company was able to consistently meet high incident SLAs (99% as against 90%), and lowered ticket backlogs (6% as against 10%).
For a leading beer company in the U.S. HCL enhanced its problem management and continuous improvement capability. With a highly complex multi-application landscape where business critical applications were hosted on Legacy platforms, there was high ticket count and high open ticket backlog. HCL established governance processes and forums to monitor and measure delivery through outcome-based analytics, and enabled continuous improvement, and problem, change, and incident management processes. HCL reduced almost 200 high priority and 50 low priority incidents annually. Incident backlog reduced by more than 33% and incidents were resolved faster — more than a 20% reduction in mean time to repair (MTTR) within the first quarter of steady state.
HCL optimized the operations of a leading retail chain in the U.S. across 465 stores in 45 states. Through its Integrated Infrastructure and Operations Management (IOMC) model, HCL reduced vendor management overheads through strategic partnerships, and improved IT operations through the introduction of ITIL frameworks and technology solutions, SLA metrics, and service request automation. HCL provided Level-2/3 support for all its applications and 24x7 application operations support. Through HCL’s “managed services” model, operations became more flexible and agile, helping the company optimize costs and increase profitability.Return To Top
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
HCL Americas Customer Advisory Council
- Helps HCL align solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
Fostering Economic Growth
- HCL’s local hiring strategy is a crucial part of our commitment to the U.S. economy
- HCL significantly invests in new facilities to generate employment and support its U.S. client base. HCL has more than 7,000 employees in 21 offices across 15 states including Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Washington, and New York
- HCL’s new Michigan Technology Development Center is filling hundreds of IT positions from among unemployed workers in the city of Jackson
- In 2009, HCL acquired a next-generation green data center in New Jersey
- HCL invests in increasing its global footprint to meet growing customer demand for eco-friendly, advanced, end-to-end services
- All recently acquired HCL campuses outside India are green compliant, including the LEED-certified Global Development Centers in North America
Fostering Good Management Practices
- HCL won the National Outsourcing Association Award for ‘Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year 2014’ in recognition of its ability “to deliver both initial and ongoing business value to clients, incorporating best practices, continuous service innovation, and demonstrable commitment to the development and future of the industry”.
- HCL won Frost & Sullivan’s 2015 CIO Impact Awards in the Enterprise Social Networking, Mobility, and Cloud Computing categories.
- HCL has been featured in the World Economic Forum Report – “Unleashing the Potential of Connected Products and Services”. The Report throws light on the opportunities and challenges facing the emerging space of Industrial Internet of Things.
- HCL won the "Outstanding Contribution in CSR Initiatives" Award at the Aerospace & Defense Awards 2015 led by the International Aerospace Journal. The citation recognized HCL’s community service initiatives under education, employability, healthcare, and water and infrastructure development in less privileged communities.
- HCL won the coveted ‘Technology Innovation Accelerated Award’ at the Intel Developer Forum® 2014, in the “Consumer Solution” category for its Intel Galileo-based Building Automation System (BAS).
What Customers Say
“Getting a new partner on board is like getting a new business-spouse. Of course there will be challenges. But right from the transition period, the Team at HCL worked with us efficiently, with great collaboration. We knew that we’d made the right decision. We work like one team.”
- VP & CIO, A multinational manufacturing company
“The unique thing about working with HCL has been their willingness to come to the table and work with us to make things successful. We’ve always been on schedule and are very pleased with the process that we have in place for providing support.”
- CIO, An American manufacturer and retailer of outdoors wear
“It is important that I have a very strong business role in the organization. Outsourcing much of our IT development work to HCL affords me the time to focus on business issues.”
- CIO & SVP IT, An American soft drink company
"We like these guys! We like HCL. We want them to succeed. So we’re willing to put time in to help them succeed. When you have a customer that’s willing to say that in front of 20 or so executives, it speaks of character and the status of that supplier or partner.”
- CIO, A North American high-tech manufacturing company.