iGOVERN® Unemployment Insurance-as-a-Service (UIaaS)
The Situation Today
Problems encountered during the modernization of the large-scale unemployment insurance (UI) system have led to UI agencies facing difficulties in paying unemployment compensation to claimants and accurately assessing/collecting taxes; thus, failing in delivering the crux of the UI program’s mission. Yet, while the risk associated with failure is high, so too is the risk associated with continuing “business as usual”.
UI agency leaders have to contend with several business and technical issues. The business problems include: UI staff spending time on processes that should have been automated; difficult to implement changes have to be done in order to keep up with changing customer and legislative demands; customers expect better service – especially self-service, these days. The technical problems include: inflexible legacy systems; a confusing mix of platforms/technologies, making it difficult to streamline business processes; and disparate data files, making it difficult to access data in a logical, related manner.
UI agency leaders are thus presented with a conundrum - they cannot maintain business as usual, yet they cannot risk a failed implementation.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s iGOVERN® UIaaS product is a completely integrated UI compensation, tax, benefits and appeals solution that can be readily configured and customized to modernize the UI program of any State and/or consortium of States. Each of these modules can be deployed independently as well as part of the full solution suite, based on your preference.
iGOVERN® UIaaS takes modernization of UI programs to new heights by also providing collaboration and integration with Social Media. Our product will assist UI agencies in improving reemployment services, unemployment compensation payment processing, training and rehabilitation programs, government-to-citizen connect (G2C), issues’ management, and collaboration between different parties in the UI landscape.
What You Can Expect
- Fully integrated UI tax, benefits and appeals
- Comprehensive self-service portals for employers and claimants
- Integration between all major Federal and State interfaces
- Federal reports out of the box
- Configurable business processes and business rules
- Multiple access mediums such as web, email, paper, fax, IVR and mobile
- Specialized data conversion and migration tool – iGOVERN® Data Doctor
- Cloud-based system
- Reduction in costs, downtime, and number of claimants
- Less time needed to reprogram the technology
- Increased employee productivity