Cross Functional Services
Need for Cross-Functional Services
At one hand, this silo based structure helps in achieving operational excellence within the functional group but on the other hand, these functional silos have the same costly duplication and inefficiencies along with inability to standardize processes across all silos. Moreover, business does not necessarily see the services and its associated components the way IT looks at them. Hence, a silo based approach raises some fundamental questions like –
- Who really owns the service?
- Who talks to business to understand the service demand?
- Who is responsible for the service definitions design of the service for business users?
- Who owns the experience the business has when using the services?
- Who is responsible for poorly performing services that impact business goals and objectives?
- Who will drive standardization of processes across silos?
- Who is responsible for driving architecture standards across these silos?
- Who is responsible for overall compliance to the laid out audit legal requirements?
HCL Cross Functional Services
Benefits of CFS
- Enables IT alignment to business requirements dynamics
- Provides high level of visibility to business
- Provides a perfect communication platform for Robust IT governance
- Enable integrated service level management
- Provides a right platform for achievement of ideal IT/gold standard
- Precludes blame-storming between service towers
- Enables achievement of process, productivity efficiency improvement