MANAGED MAINFRAME TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Managed Mainframes today are the most preferred data servers for even the most technology-savvy organizations. Interestingly, the amount of work managed Mainframes are doing around the world is ever increasing. Although the number of Mainframes being used has dropped over the past years, the amount of processing that they do is on the rise. Most of the major banks, insurance companies, and large government departments in industrialized countries have Mainframes supporting their businesses.
Some of the key challenges to the Mainframe service maze comes from dealing with fixed costs, a shortage of skills, lack of innovation, lack of quality, and a high cost of ownership. HCL's Managed Mainframe Services overcome these issues through enablers, such as:
Software and Hardware Factory Model
- World-class Tier III and equivalent enterprise class facility in Parsippany, NJ, U.S.
- Highly leveraged shared delivery platform
- Aggregate client MIPS to garner volume discounts
- Strategic partnerships with ISVs such as CA, BMC, Serena and IBM to lower the software spend through HCL agreements
- No keyhole approach, and the client retains the flexibility to choose the software to run its business