Retail IT Solutions & Services
The Situation Today
Operating on minimal tolerance, the retail industry is facing challenges similar to those in other industries. The only difference is that customers can combine together to put a great deal of pressure on retailers, in today's modern economy. In a fast-paced society and with faster-paced technological changes, customers want new, different, and customized goods - without any delays. The critical risks that the industry faces today are:
- Shortening product life cycles
- Managing multi-channel operations
- High demand volatility
- Extended supply chains
- Production off-shoring
- Increasing lead times
- Pricing pressures
- Lost sales and brand erosion due to stock outs
- Highly competitive and margin sensitive industry
Why should you consider HCL?
- We partner with leading retailers across the globe, giving us key insights into the various challenges and business issues faced by them. Our involvement in the industry has ranged from improving supply chain efficiency, streamlining store operations, managing merchandise, and maximizing customer loyalty to conceptualizing, building and managing e-commerce capabilities.
- Understanding the challenges a retailer faces in the emerging world of seamless trade, we aim to address these issues through our IT enablement in retail end-to-end order management solutions that encompass customer management, order management, location management, purchase management, RFID and product lifecycle management, and pricing /discounts, and billing/invoicing solutions.
AMR Research rates HCL as a leader in retail IT solutions and the following retailers agree.
- 7 of the world’s top 35 retailers
- 10 of the world’s top 70 retailers
- 4 of world’s top 10 hardliners and leisure goods retailers
- 2 of the top 3 apparel retailers of the world
- 3 of top 10 APAC retailers
- 4 of top 5 retailers in India
HCL helped a large European retail company become one of the first PCI complaint retail chains in the U.K
HCL centralized and consolidated multiple Data Centers for a retailer, helping it gain significant cost savings