HCL's application software services realm encompass concept development, design, implementation and qualification, professional services, and end-of-life support for medical device manufacturers. We have established centers of excellence in UxD, mobility, architecture, imaging, and IVV to strengthen our application software services portfolio. HCL has capabilities in developing applications for desktop, Web, and handheld devices in various technologies like C, C++, Microsoft programming languages, Java, J2EE, and HTML5 amongst others. These applications can be built for various operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OS, and iOS.
Our Application Software services include
- Concept development and design: Market requirements analysis, voice of customer analysis, product requirement definition, functional specifications, planning of test strategy, HLD and LLD system/integration test plan
- Implementation and qualification: Unit test plan, implementation, unit test execution, functional testing, system testing, regression testing, bug fixes, and QA exit report.
- Professional services: Deployment, integration, and training.
- End-of-life support: Engineering change, L1/L2/L2 technical support, and scheduled maintenance releases.
What We’ve Done For Others
- For a medical device company, HCL was involved in the development of a desktop and Web based application to track and monitor drug adherence. Five different modules were developed with mobile and tab-based applications as well. The application was also required to be compliant with CE marking and FDA regulations. The key highlights of the project included the creation of a modular and extendible architecture, multi-OS and multi-browser compatibility, and Zigbee-based data transmission.