Business Information Services
Business Information Services (BIS) provider companies are experiencing multi-pronged challenges while meeting the ever-growing demands of customers for personalized and value-added content. Content commoditization, its wide-spread availability and multi-channel/ media delivery also add to the existing complexities.
Business Information Services companies need to explore new sources of revenue by expanding into new markets, geographies and professional communities. These companies need to leverage latest technological trends like integration of print and digital systems, cloud offerings, semantic tagging, big data analytics and consolidation of IT operations and back-office optimizations as a way forward to stay ahead in the ever-growing competitive market.
HCL’s point of view for BIS is based on the industry’s shift to digital-based models, value-added products and services and innovative technology solutions.
- Create consolidated platforms leveraging XaaS (Anything-as-a-Service) capabilities to provide a single view into the complete product-service portfolios
- Streamline core editorial processes including content acquisition, transformation, management and delivery to achieve content value chain efficiency
- Utilize content availability on various channels like smartphones, tablets and the web to provide anytime, anywhere experience
- Invest in business intelligence and predictive analytics technologies to provide customer decision support at point of delivery
- Explore new payment models like micropayments and In-Context payments to provide alternative sources of payments and deliver improved customer satisfaction
- Improve and invest in customer relationship and centricity for targeted campaigns, target ads and ability to up-sell/ cross sell
HCL is a value partner for leading BIS companies across the globe, with over 12+ years of experience in end-to-end business processes and deep domain competencies. This, coupled with the necessary investments in labs, solutions/frameworks, partnerships and industry experts, places HCL in the leadership quadrant.
HCL’s services for BIS companies spread across core IT and ITes with strong focus on domain-led services strengthened through industry-relevant centers of excellence.
Core IT Service
- Application & Enterprise Application Services – A unique process-led approach to services covering application support, maintenance & development with bespoke and enterprise technologies like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and Salesforce.com apart from the niche industry products like Atex, CCI, PPI Navision, Coda, Adobe Read more
- Enterprise Transformation Services – Portfolio includes business consulting, IT consulting, application portfolio optimization, content management services, mainframe/ mid-range sustenance & migration, data warehouse, business intelligence and independent verification & validation services Read more
- Engineering & Platform Services – Product & Platform engineering services for new age experience, eCommerce, mobility, consumer electronics and device design & production Read more
- Infrastructure Services – Industry leading services in remote infrastructure management, end user computing, data center management & consolidation, helpdesk/ service desk, application-operations and cloud computing Read more
- Business Services – Services spanning pre-media and pre-press services on platform, customer care, subscription and billing management, direct marketing, social media analysis, external helpdesk, video services besides F&A, procurement and HR services Read more
- Digital Supply Chain – Digital platform unification, web content management, search, video player, widgets, marketplaces and multi-channel commerce Read more
- Next Generation User Experience – Next-gen user experience, augmented reality, mash up, widgets, social media marketing and social referral applications Read more
- Predictive Analytics – Web & social analytics, personalization, big data management and predictive analytics Read more
- BO Optimization – Industry-specific toolset for editorial, advertising, circulation like Atex, CCI, PPI, Nstein, Navision and Coda Read more
- Mobility services – Enterprise mobile enablement, vertical content applications, content rendering, search applications, mobile commerce and mobility applications over cloud Read more
- Unified Advertising Services – Customer-centric marketing, multi-channel marketing, campaign and promotion management Read more
- SaaS Enablement – Cloud platform assessment, multi-tenancy enablement, migration, SaaS operational management
- Semantic Search – Ontology definitions, taxonomy creation, RDF/ OWL data management, semantic rules, metadata registry and faceted search
Some of our representative investments for the BIS industry include areas like user experience, mobility, search, cloud and community.
- Immersive book: Enhanced e-books are the way to the future: Interactive and adaptable, these books will combine all the digital form factors of storage density, search capability and instant distribution Read more
- Mobile coupon application framework provides multi-platform coupon sourcing (NFC, QR Codes and Feeds) and redemption capabilities Read more
- Content 2.0: An integrated publishing environment that fosters enhanced collaboration and agile processes, products, tools and people in the publishing lifecycle. It streamlines multi-channel production and content-driven workflows and adds a unique combination of XML-centric content management and content delivery Read more
- Agora Market Place, a unique platform, that helps customers leverage the cloud services market place and provides complete metering, billing and monitoring solutions for software provided as a service
- Meme, a collaborative open source platform for building social networking websites that allows easy integration with third party applications, branded communities and products
HCL has been servicing large Business Information Services customers across the globe, helping them transform their businesses while optimizing IT intensity. HCL,
- Designed a new user experience, for a leading US-based electronic and microfilm publisher, that will provide a consistent interface to all branded products by consolidating services across multiple platforms
- Transformed back-office operations by undertaking ERP, SAP, JD Edwards and salesforce implementations for a $5 bn global provider of information, software and services across multiple industries