HCL’s CMS solution enabled a global player in the entertainment industry to lower operational costs and increase ROI
Challenges we address
Content management and distribution services help to streamline the ways of producing, managing, and distributing content, thus leading to more efficient workflows, integrated assets and rights management, and the efficient storage and retrieval of data. This ultimately helps in increasing efficiency, leading to better control over information, and reducing the overall cost of information management for the enterprise. Content services help address a number of pain points - such as complex Print/SD centric content processes, inadequate workflows and fragmentation, limited reuse of content, legal exposure of rights/ contracts, lost productivity due to multiple systems, manual exchange of data, and high time to market.
HCL’s Content Services
- Content Platform Services – This has flavors for each of the micro verticals:
- Publishing and Business Information Services - Integrated authoring environment for text, images, video, audio, assessments, animation with integration to enterprise assets and systems
- New Media & Broadcasting - Video services platform with the ability to ingest, edit and transform video/ audio content
- Content Creation & Transformation Services
- Marketing Services - Creation of marketing material, promotion for books/magazines/ newspapers, short form video/ long form video, research/journals, tracks (music, ringtones, jingles, and more)
- XML conversion services for publishing and business information services
- Learning Objects Packaging Services for publishing and business information services
- Document Management Services (abstraction indexing/summarization) for publishing and business information services.
- Post Production Services for new media and broadcasting
- Translation Services - SD to HD, SD/HD to 3D, graphics service, 3D/2D animation services
- Voice/ Data/ Video Testing Services and Device Testing Services
- Data: Content quality assurance, format and packaging standard testing, metadata/ markup standard testing, conversion testing
- Video: Signal compatibility testing
- Device Testing Services (for App/ Content Compatibility)
- Set Top boxes
- Slot/ Gaming machines
- Mobile/ Wireless device testing
- TV testing (like BRAVIA)
HCL’s content services enable companies to:
- Reduce content production costs via automation, collaboration, integration of tools and workflow processes
- Improve their digital revenues
- Improve the reuse of content due to the standardization of systems, storage, discovery and transformation processes
The following solutions demonstrate HCL’s expertise and investment in content services
- Content 2.0, a network publishing platform for new age publishers, enabling multi-channel delivery of content through streamlined processes... Read more
- Unified Authoring Platform, a WYSIWYG platform for content and assessment authoring, reviewing, editing, and publishing to multiple channels... Read More
- iTransform, a multi-platform content transformation engine, which integrates with legacy applications and handles the conversion of complex and large data to the epub format with an efficient conversion ratio.
- Artist 360°, a platform that enables the artist, his manager, and the record label’s Admin to get a complete view of all the activities performed by the artist (music albums, events, merchandise, movies, TV shows, and more) and track the royalty related to all the activities... Read more
- Media Operations as a Service Store, helps achieve transcoding scalability via the Cloud and to create and modify profiles in the Cloud Read more
What we’ve done for others
HCL has proven content services capabilities, providing business value for our customers.
- Complete development of an eLearning platform, including an authoring and delivery system, for a leading private education company specializing in language training.
- Designed a new industry leading user experience, for a leading U.S. - based electronics and microfilm publisher; provided a consistent interface to all its branded products by consolidating services across multiple platforms.
- Provided end-to-end visibility into applications, and made recommendations for a global rights management platform that would integrate with various financial and artist contract systems while eliminating expensive solutions of USD1.65 billion for a multinational music company.
- Accelerated the digital life cycle management transformation of processes and technology, created a new technology platform that consolidated over 300 multi-channel properties - CMS, search, video player, ad engine, and more for a USD 14 billion U.S. entertainment conglomerate.