Digital Supply Chain Services
The Situation Today
Delivering the digital experience of the future requires new technological capabilities. ME organizations need to work across multiple platforms to track and analyze data to shape and customize experiences. In addition, the number of connected devices will skyrocket over the next few years, driving up the demand for digital video content. Similarly, overcoming constraints on network performance stands to become increasingly important as the strain on bandwidth will be considerable. Technology will have a key role to play in delivering high-quality service. Therefore, ME organizations will need to explore new solutions that compress or stream video data in new ways to maintain acceptable service level over constrained networks.
Moreover, higher bandwidth connectivity and the integrated use of multiple devices are set to transform the role that the biggest screen in the household plays – becoming the anchor point for digital experiences. The key value proposition for this industry revolves around digital value chain transformation–making it imperative to have an integrated and tightly coupled supply chain.
HCL offers the following digital supply chain services to ME organizations
- Implementing video management/compression solutions for low latency and high visual quality for next-generation multi-media applications
- Enabling the aggregation and transformation of content, advance media workflow systems, long-tail monetization and content distribution
- Introducing Over-The-Top (OTT) capabilities to move closer to the consumer and move up the digital value chain
- Implementing search techniques to create a services layer that allows content and asset discovery
- Ensuring content readiness via the digital supply chain services involving content translation/transformation of master data by implementing the master data management tool.
Engineering and RD Services
HCL’s Engineering and RD Services (ERS) leverages and adopts new and disruptive technologies to help product and technology companies drive superior engineering experiences. Additionally, it enables them to create significant business impact and value, accelerate product launches and innovation, and improve engineering efficiencies.
HCL ERS engagements—A snapshot
- For a leading broadcaster developed and launched an end-to-end digital supply chain management platform—the process involved business consulting, architecture and design (including business strategy, monetization models, technology preferences), and systems integration
- For a global studio, maintained and enhanced their digital marketing asset repository thereby allowing producers to ingest videos, enrich it with metadata and distribute it for multi-channel delivery
Our end-to-end capabilities in hardware, software, manufacturing, and compliance testing uniquely positions us as a core engineering and development partner. End-to-end integrated offerings include turnkey implementation, system integration, and concept-to-field implementation; development and support of operations and business systems; middleware and integration; voice applications; protocol, network management; verification validation, and conformance testing.
Telecom Engagements- Highlights
- HCL partnered with the customer to help them become the first Belgium mobile operator to roll out 3G services and in addition, provided value in a number of areas including project management and consultancy, vendor and customer coordination and engineering and business continuity support.
- One of the largest communication service providers in Asia achieves cost savings, speed-to-market through its network outsourcing engagement with HCL.
As a Cloud computing services provider, HCL enables Enterprise Platform as a Service (EPaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for its existing and potential enterprise customers. We provide computing and storage capacity for consumption, enterprise platform for development and testing environments, and SaaS enablement services.
Cloud CoE engagement highlights:
- Reduced IT costs by 20 to 25% for a leading U.S. business news provider
- Ensured cost optimization benefits for a leading magazine publisher
- Strengthened the IT Infrastructure of a global music conglomerate
HCL ISD is HCL’s fastest growing line of business. It is an end-to-end owner of IT infrastructure through a differentiated value proposition—Industrialized IT Management, and delivers optimized, flexible, centralized and standardized business aligned IT to customers.
An overview of its engagements is provided below:
- Managing and monitoring global helpdesk, servers, networks and application operations for a leading music label
- Creating a shared services organization for a ME conglomerate— entities, server management, mainframe and storage management, major incident management, service readiness, demand and problem management, data center LAN, audit and compliance