Mobile Augmented Reality
Solution #1: Home Improvement Application
The Augmented Reality (AR) based iPhone application enables a seamless, smart and convenient shopping experience by using simulation and virtual reality. The customer can select a product and place it in the room space using a camera to get a virtual perspective of how the product looks even before buying it. The Mobile AR application framework for home and DIY, through mobile camera and pre-loaded catalog simulates virtual furnishing of objects on the real-time image of a room, or a real object on a static image of a room, including the two way collaboration between consumers and vendors. This application is based on the Image Overlay technique of AR.
- Brings in a 'look-and-feel element' that leads to a smart selection and enhanced shopping experience for customers
- Quick and easy access to products which helps in improved monetization
- Helps in making an instant choice and cuts down on the buying cycle time
Solution #2: Location-based Mobile Augmented Application
Customers are often unable to quickly identify and contact the local businesses they need goods or services from and have to spend a lot of time and effort in trying to do so. Even businesses have a hard time ensuring they have visibility to the right customers.
The Mobile Augmented Reality application framework helps locate local businesses within the given radius based on direction. This application allows users to locate local shops, offices, restaurants and other spots through their smartphone camera viewer, whether they are around the corner or in the next street. It uses a combination of the smartphone’s GPS and compass to pinpoint exactly where a user is and the direction he/she is facing. The application will then seamlessly overlay relevant information like addresses, phone numbers and websites taken from the client’s database of a million businesses. The user can alternatively select a business manually and look for directions, address and contact numbers.
- Real-time information is provided to the customers so that they can identify, locate and contact the businesses they are looking for instantly and conveniently, reducing time and effort
- Better visibility, that leads to higher revenues for the advertisers