The Situation Today
With the proliferation of multiple mobile-devices and operating-systems, and mobility being leveraged by everyone, anytime across private and business use, enabling enterprise and consumer mobility (backed by IT optimization) is vital today. HCL can help develop solutions for a range of mobility needs (across Enterprise Mobile Enablement and Lifestyle Applications for end-consumers) to help reach the “connected consumer” with a unique proposition, and improve enterprise productivity.
HCL has a range of service offerings
- Mobile App. Factory - A service delivery model with Mobile UI, iOS/Android/RIM development, Functional Performance test for ongoing Mobile App. Development.
- Enterprise Application - Enterprise Mobile Application (with extensive integration), some examples include Sales force management, Enterprise performance management, and Virtual sampling.
- Marketing Advertising Solution - A set of applications to enhance Marketing effectiveness via Direct Marketing, Discount/ Promotion, Contextual Advertising, and AR/ Location-based services.
- Mobile TV/ Video Platform - Live Streaming/Playback of video on demand with TV Everywhere for Mobile Device and other mobile data terminals.
- Mobile Testing Lab - On Cloud environment, for multiple device, multiple OS compatibility testing.
These services would help companies:
- Reduce Content Production cost via automation, collaboration, integration of tools workflow process
- Improve Digital Revenues
- Over 3-4 weeks reduction of time via Multi-channel readiness and automated distribution to retailers
- Improve reuse (of content/ rights) due to standardization of systems, storage, discovery and transformation process
- Mobility Services - E2E mobility solutions for various devices developing frameworks in various technologies/platforms including mobile content platforms, mobile marketing services, and contextual advertising.
- Digital Technologies – Multi-channel enablement for web, mobile, social media focusing on CMS, Search, Video, Social Media, and Analytics technologies in Open source/ commercial product space. Some of the key focus include Microsoft, Sun, EMC, Alfersco, Drupal, Interwoven, Adobe CQ and Fast.
- UI/ Web 2.0 CoE – Information Architecture/design consulting; Web, Apps. Mobile UI Architecture; Work on the Usability evaluation models contextual innovation; creating end-to-end engineering services/platform development on web 2.0 technology.
- E-Commerce CoE – E-commerce platform- product evaluation and technology consulting; Information architecture consulting; Solution frameworks ideating.
A few of the existing solutions that illustrate HCL’s expertise and investment focus in mobility applications.
- Mobile Coupon application framework, provides multi-platform coupon sourcing (NFC, QR Codes, Feeds) and redemption capabilities... Read more
- Immersive book, an animated textbook with 3 D animations which can be read either on the web or mobile. Some of the features include student performance monitoring and reporting... Read more
- Adaptive Learning Platform to impart personalized learning that connects teachers, students parents with publishers and can be accessed on the move... Read more
- Mobile AR application framework for Home DIY via mobile camera and pre-loaded catalog, simulate virtual furnishing objects on a real time image of a room or a real object on a static image of a room, including a 2-way collaboration between consumers vendors... Read more
HCL has demonstrated capability of providing business value to our esteemed customers. Below are a few examples
- Concept, design, and execution of an online digital platform (for web and various mobile data terminals) for a leading yellow pages directory provider.
- Conceptualization and delivery of high definition interactive eBooks on multiple channels (online and tablet) for a global leader in education publishing. Thus providing a competitive edge to the client with a substantially reduced content conversion cost and also almost halving the format conversion time.
- Responsible for the complete development of an eLearning platform including an authoring and delivery system for a leading private education company specializing in language training.