HCL launches SmartGuideTM solution for new media and broadcasting customers to enable monetization opportunities and provide interactive immersive experience for end-consumers
In the pursuit to deliver innovation and value transformation for our clients spanning across Cable, Networks, MSOs New media industry space; HCL’s Media Entertainment industry solutions team has recently developed next generation SmartGuideTM solution - an interactive guide providing linear/non-linear program recommendations based on TV viewing patterns of consumer.
SmartGuide - Ecosystem
The solution recommends personalized program alerts based on user’s program viewing behavior/ genre preference/ daypart of viewing etc. In addition, SmartGuideTM has real-time integration with rating services like IMDb Rotten tomatoes and also integrated the impact of external events such as breaking news, weather and sports events to provide recommendations.
We have further enhanced the feature of this solution by integrating with HCL’s sentiment analysis framework (SocialyticsTM) for social buzz (Facebook, Twitter) and sentiment analysis.
The solution will help our clients to engage better with end-consumers based on robust offerings to provide sentiment patterns and the open-platform to leverage monetization opportunities.
Key Feature set
- Personalized recommendation solution that will facilitate selection of appropriate content based on individual behavior
- Integration with EPG and VOD to recommend the content on linear / Non-linear broadcast
- Integration with sentiment Analysis framework (SocialyticsTM) – HCL proprietary social analytics solution
- Artificial intelligence algorithms and a combination of filtering techniques for continuous learning and recommendations
- Recommendation based on content collaboration (Social Media)
- API based integration with Multi Channel delivery platforms
SmartGuideTM UX Screen Snapshot