Sports & Leisure
The Sports & Leisure industry is one of the fastest growing industries in terms of technology and consumer base. With sports gaining popularity and becoming a way of life, businesses are facing challenges meeting the increasing demand for cutting edge technologies that can be used across activities like sports events, coverage & broadcasting, sports training and even sports medicine. Consumer attitudes and preferences are changing and companies are now focusing on a personalized and customized experience to engage them across different media.
HCL believes that new markets are emerging, such as the Middle East region, where sports are fast becoming a vital part of the consumer’s lifestyle. Businesses will have to act fast to tap this new consumer base and tackle this heightened demand for products and services related to leisure or recreational sports. Sports coverage, broadcasting and real-time online analysis will continue to be at the forefront of technological advancements. Digital solutions for interactive sports, image tracking and 2D/3D simulations will deepen reach to consumers through multi-device consumption. Unlike most industries, consumer choices and expectations are steering the decisions regarding technology investments for companies in this industry.
HCL’s point of view for the sports and leisure industry is based on the growing appetite of consumers for participative and spectator sports that has made professional management and marketing of sports events highly competitive and technology-driven.
- Real-time online analysis and play simulations for live events and sports clubs adding entertainment and educational features to their television or other online media broadcasts
- Improved and engaging digital experience through video streaming, high definition reproductions and interactive television by incorporating image tracking technologies
- Customization platforms for creating strategic opportunities for sporting products and leisure services companies to extend personalized options to consumers
- Performance enhancing technologies by creating 2D/3D simulations to generate relevant statistics for sports clubs, coaching institutions and fitness centers
- Gain access to the consumer while moving up the digital value chain by introducing OTT (Over-The-Top) capabilities for broadcasting
- Focus on athletes and consumer connects in the online space through content, communities, mobile applications and games. Sports news and magazines will top the online content arena.
- Sports on-demand through breakthrough in digital TV recordings and content broadcast such as TiVo, smartphones, etc
- Analytical data for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies to gain insights into sports medicine and therapies
HCL is a value partner for sports, fashion and media conglomerates, with 10+ years of experience in end-to-end business processes, enterprise solutions and deep domain competencies. This, coupled with the necessary investment in labs, solutions/ frameworks, partnerships and industry experts, places HCL in the leadership quadrant.
HCL’s services for sports and leisure companies spread across the core IT and ITes, with strong focus on domain-led services strengthened through industry relevant Centers of Excellence (CoE).
Core IT Service
- Application & Enterprise Application Services – A unique process-led approach to services covering application support, maintenance & development with bespoke and enterprise technologies like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and Salesforce.com Read more
- Enterprise Transformation Services – Portfolio includes business consulting, IT consulting, application portfolio optimization, content management services, mainframe/ mid range sustenance & migration, data warehouse, business intelligence and independent verification & validation services Read more
- Engineering & Platform Services – Product and platform engineering services for digital asset distribution and management, eCommerce, mobility and TV/ mobile applications Read more
- Infrastructure Services – Industry leading services in remote infrastructure management, end user computing, data center management & consolidation, helpdesk/ service desk, application-operations and cloud computing Read more
- Business Services – Services spanning Media Process Optimization, Video Advertising Quality Assurance, customer care, subscription and billing management, service provisioning, direct marketing, social media analysis, external helpdesk, video services besides F&A, procurement and HR services Read more
- Next Generation User Experience – Next-gen experience like TV Everywhere/ IPTV/ VoD, two-screen experience, immersive broadcasting, TV widgets, social media marketing and social referral applications Read More
- Mobility services – Mobile analytics, applications, TV/ Video platform and enterprise applications Read More
- Digital Supply Chain Services – Digital platform unification, merchandizing, search, video player, widgets, marketplaces and multi-channel commerce Read More
- Unified Advertising Services - Unified advertising, advertiser self-service, real-time bidding, advertisement portal and multi-channel advertisement fulfillment Read More
- Predictive Analytics – Web & social analytics, personalization, physical & behavioral data management and predictive analytics Read More
- Digital Marketing – Online matching, triggered offers, multi-variate testing, multi-channel marketing and campaign & promotion management
Centers of Excellence
- Digital Technologies – focuses on multi-channel enablement for web, mobile and social media focusing on CMS, search, video, social media and analytics technologies in open source/ commercial product space. The key focus is on Microsoft, Sun, EMC, Alfresco, Drupal, Interwoven, Artesia, Adobe and Fast
- CRM/ Advertising Technologies – focuses on multi-channel support, personalization, targeting and advertising platform
- iPad/ iPhone and Android CoEs in mobility (all technologies) –focuses on mobility-specific transformations for iPad and Android, developing mobile solution frameworks in various technologies/ platforms and building simulated environment testing
- Web 2.0 CoE – focuses on creating end-to-end engineering services/ platform development on web 2.0 technology for any software product/ service company that wants to harness the true power of the web
Some of our representative investments for sports and leisure industry include areas like multi-channel, mobility and advertising transformation.
- MOaaSS, a fully evolved video services on cloud, provides capabilities to set up WebTV or short form video channel, provides ingestion, transwrapping, transcoding, tagging, storage, search and delivery of video content. Also, includes watermarking for anti-piracy and fully hosted on public cloud Read more
- Socialytics, a social sentiment analysis framework uses semantic analysis of posts, ‘likes’ on social media, websites and blogs to perform sentimental analysis and personalization of sweeps, products, advertisement, content and promotions Read more
- Mobile AR application framework for Home & DIY via mobile camera and pre-loaded catalog, simulate virtual furnishing objects on a real time image of a room or a real object on a static image of a room, including a 2-way collaboration between consumers & vendors Read more
HCL has been servicing large sports and leisure customers across the globe, helping them to transform the business while optimizing the IT intensity.
- Performed contract management, licensing, brand management and invoicing for a global sports, fashion and media client
- Successfully implemented technical and functional Oracle upgrade strategy expanding over procurement, expenses and cash management, for a leading cable and satellite broadcaster