Oil and Gas (O&G)
What keeps you up at night?
The Oil and Gas Industry is faced with several challenges including price volatility, uncertain energy policy, cost containment, worsening fiscal terms and day to day operational challenges. Success requires the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to these dynamic conditions. For example, upstream companies are challenged by severe resource constraints while struggling to increase production and replace proven reserves. Meanwhile, downstream companies are facing working capital and margin pressures.
The processes and systems involved in exploration, production, refining and marketing oil and gas are highly complex, capital-intensive and require state-of-the-art technology. Needless to say that the Oil and Gas industry is pressurized to adapt to dynamic technological advancements, increase productivity and yet keep costs under control. This brings forward the urgent need for a higher-than-ever degree of collaboration and data-driven decision-making to optimize costs; and maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
Why should you consider HCL?
HCL understands the unique OG value chain, providing solutions spanning complex engineering in the upstream, to customer responsive business solutions in the retail and marketing segment. With over 13 years of experience, HCL leverages deep capabilities in ERP implementation and management, IT Infrastructure, Custom Applications, Engineering services and Business Process Outsourcing to provide global delivery to clients. HCL is recognized in the niche area of business benefits-led outsourcing programs with the ability to offer committed year-on-year productivity on not just IT SLAs and KPIs but also on the key indicators that drive the Oil and Gas business.
HCL’s OG Experience
- More than 13 years OG industry experience
- Over 1000 practitioners working for OG customers
- Delivered projects ranging from $100K to $100M
- Delivered more than 40 OG Transformation Programs
- Thought Leaders in Maintenance, Repair Overhaul (iMRO), Linear Asset Management (iLINE), Trading Platform Integration and Business Planning Consolidations (BPC).
- SAP Channel Partner for OG in North America
- First SAP OG SD implementations in North America
- First SAP certified OG solution – Oil and Gas Rapid Deployment Toolkit
How can HCL help you?
- HCL serves the entire value chain for Oil and Gas Industry; we offer solutions such as asset management, field force automation, petro-technical computing infrastructure, etc.
- HCL offers transformational and operational IT services to over 1000 global firms
- HCL leverages deep domain capabilities in engineering and RD, ERP implementation and management, IT infrastructure, custom applications, engineering and business process outsourcing (BPO) to provide global delivery to clients.
- HCL assists Oil and Gas companies optimize their application portfolio through a set of APM tools that facilitate sophisticated Total Cost of Operations (TCO) and ROI analysis of each application in the portfolio for making informed portfolio optimization decisions.
- For the asset-intensive Oil and Gas Industry, HCL also offers unique framework for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (iMRO) of assets and equipment that provides enhanced user interfaces and key processes which address industry driven requirements in the areas of plant maintenance, maintenance engineering, planning, and operations for business organizations.
What we’ve done for others
- HCL implemented an Enterprise Asset Management solution for the largest Midwest U.S. refiner, to process 1,714,000 BPCD (Barrels per calendar day) which is approximately 9.6% of total U.S. capacity. The solution also supports the delivery of 2.2 million barrels of crude and petroleum products daily across 8300 miles of pipeline.
- HCL enabled the transformation of the trading business unit of the 5th largest OG major in the world by transforming their finance and settlement processes for the Global Trading business to process 60 to 70% of the total group’s revenue (in excess of $200Bn per annum).
- For an integrated OG major in Norway, the HCL Infrastructure team is enabling the production of 2 million barrels of oil per day across geographies.
- HCL is helping an offshore helicopter transport services OG company by developing an asset management solution to provide real time visibility into 106,000 different materials at various stages, and to improve the helicopter maintenance process that would accurately track Aircraft Component Maintenance cost and repair.
- HCL has developed over 200 business analytical reports and over 100 real-time information dashboards for the Tax Capital Efficiency transformation program, for a leading Oil Field Service provider in the U.S. to capture inflow and outflow information across 80 countries of operation.
- HCL is the trusted strategic partner providing End User Computing services for a fully integrated energy and petroleum U.S. super major to support their ~105,000 user base across the world.