The Situation Today
The rapid evolution in the oil and gas industry and the increased sophistication of their assets - in combination with a multitude of in-house/outsourced Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) scenarios - have transformed this process, making it more complicated than ever before. An effective MRO process should ensure an increase in potential avenues to remain competitive, through supply chain effectiveness and reduced turnaround time, which should amount to an increase in productivity.
How HCL Can Help
iMRO is HCL AXON’s industry solution for industries that operate and maintain complex assets and equipment. It is a software product which builds on, extends, and enhances the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning application for MRO. iMRO provides enhanced user interfaces and key processes, which address industry-driven requirements for unique MRO needs in the areas of plant maintenance, maintenance engineering, planning, and operations for business organizations in the following market segments:
- Refineries and chemical plants
- Pipeline companies, gas plants, LNG operators
- Oil Gas distribution companies
- Drilling contractors (both on and offshore)
- Oilfield equipment manufacturers performing field services
- Remote operations of large integrated and national oil companies
- Oilfield services companies.
Specific applications of iMRO can include the following:
- Organizations managing and maintaining complex physical plants
- Organizations that perform their own or third party plant, fleet, or component repairs
- Organizations managing and maintaining a complex fleet and infrastructure of transportation equipment
- Dedicated MRO providers performing third party (revenue bearing) maintenance services
- Oil Gas original equipment manufacturers that simultaneously perform after-market delivery maintenance and support services on their products, or even on their competitor’s products
- Organizations managing and maintaining fleets of aeronautical, transportation or nautical assets
What You Can Expect
iMRO is the SAP-endorsed business solution that delivers best practice MRO processes and functionality within asset intensive industries such as Oil Gas, Aerospace Defense, and Transportation Logistics. iMRO is based on a best practice process model, which has been jointly developed between HCL AXON, SAP and recognized industry leaders, and reflects our experience of delivering SAP MRO solutions for hundreds of organizations over the past fifteen years. iMRO extends and enhances SAP functionality to support the requirements of organizations who maintain complex assets, providing best practice processes and tools for maintenance planning, resource scheduling, maintenance execution, costing and analysis. Many of the enhancements provide dramatically improved user interfaces to help streamline operations and hence drive increased productivity.
Experience from implementing the solution for clients across a range of industries has shown sustained business improvements in terms of reduced maintenance cycle times, reduced spares inventory levels, improved spares availability, and improved resource effectiveness - all resulting in lower maintenance costs and higher asset availability.