The Situation Today
Retailers today are under constant pressure. Their basic survival depends on retaining customers while providing goods and services at the most economical price and in the most cost-efficient manner. But in order to thrive, they must also grapple with several business challenges: the imperative to enhance profitability while improving their value propositions, the need to rethink their approach to customer engagement and retention due to the dematerialization of the shopping experience, the increasing sensitivity to brand and reputation resulting from social media, the difficulty of long-term investments in a volatile macroeconomic environment, and massive churn in the workforce – particularly in front-end functions. Moreover, those who wish to transform themselves often find that capital is locked in obsolete technology infrastructure.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s Smart Retail is a next-generation stores management solution comprising best-in-class IT services that help retailers develop new strategies for profitability and customer engagement and retention, free up locked capital, drive efficiency in the value chain, ensure the availability of IT infrastructure, optimize store operations, improve the in-store customer experience, execute consistent store operations, and quickly detect and rectify exceptions.
Smart Retail includes the following components:
- Retail Connect: An integrated suite of mobile apps that addresses retailers’ strategic and operational challenges, improving both in-store customer experiences and operational efficiency. Retail Connect incorporates several cutting-edge technological features, such as near field communication (NFC) coupons, geo fencing alerts, virtual store shelves using augmented reality (AR), QR code scans, and more.
- My Store Dashboard: Provides actionable information for the store management team through real-time monitoring of all IT assets, including POS peripherals, POS terminals, servers, applications, and interfaces.
- Retail Test Factory in a Box (RTFIB): A one-stop-shop for testing services launched through a robust “target operating model” that is driven by tools and guided by detailed workflows. Smart Retail enables day to day operation tracking through the Program Dashboard of the RTFIB. The workflow is seamlessly integrated with retail business process flows, tools, and templates and gives a snapshot of the entire testing landscape customized to the stakeholders of the test factory, helping to optimize the cost of quality while increasing testing coverage.
- Retail Enterprise Collaboration Solution (RECS): A one-stop shop for enterprise-wide interactions accelerated by content-driven workflows, which offer a “one enterprise” view of collaborations, employee engagement, real-time information sharing, and global communication of announcements, feedback, and new ideas. It also provides a role-based view (for corporate and store employees) specific to retail organizations and channels configurations on the basis of retail-specific categories and locations.
What You Can Expect
HCL’s Smart Retail enables retailers to sell smart and buy smart. It allows them to
- balance profitability and value to the customer
- manage operational investments
- optimize their global supply chains
- rethink customer engagement and retention
- release locked capital with best-in-class right-sized infrastructure
- improve workforce retention and encourage a collaborative store environment
- tap insights from social media
What We’ve Done for Others
Smart Retail is enabling better, faster, and more cost-effective retail operations for several of our customers. It is helping to simplify and stabilize their business operations and standardize their business processes across their own and their partners’ value chains.
Global digital transformation analytics