Retail & Consumer
What keeps you up at night?
Consumer-sentiment is the main driver for the Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods industry. As consumption patterns change and the developing world takes a bigger share of the pie in the global market, the industry is searching for opportunities for growth by reaching out to new markets and innovating to meet local demands. This is leading to micro-segmentation, which is making it harder to acquire customers, as local players have the reach and a better grasp of consumer behavior.
The industry is increasingly investing in new product solutions for Retail and Consumer players which have a dependence on data and analytics to drive brand and product management decisions, pricing strategies, and optimized operations. In 2015, Retail and Consumer Product companies are set to see the biggest test of all - of existing technologies and the newest initiatives – from IT applications, product assortment, and customer analytics, to in-store operations and digital customer acquisition.
Some of the key industry challenges today, include:
- Customer Experience Transformation: With the consumer at the core, the new digital ecosystem has set new rules and challenges for business and technology. Technologies and platforms of just a couple of years ago are now becoming legacy. The e-Commerce explosion is pushing IT teams to create new retail solutions that provide an Omni-channel experience for today’s consumers - a consistent, responsive buying experience whether they engage through a website, mobile device, or in store.
- Gaining Consumer Confidence: Organizations need to constantly analyze their customer’s consumption patterns to understand how they are being affected by the product and how the product is being perceived. Personalized offers are on the rise.
- Alternate Sales Channels: With local players reaching the customer with lower distribution costs, global players have to realign their supply chain strategy to move towards an Omni-channel model that interacts with the customer at all touch points.
- Capital Pressure: Rising input costs and variable energy costs are constantly challenging the industry’s growth.
To counter all this, today’s retailer has to move to a model where its partner(s) can contribute across its value chain by sharing KPIs and its strategic vision.
Why should you consider HCL?
- Industry Aligned: Over 8000 technology and domain consultants have delivered over 12000 man-hours of value added service to over 65 customers across Multi-Channel Commerce, Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, and Personal Care and Distribution segments.
- Industry Recognized: HCL ranked among the top 10 solution providers in the outsourcing category, in Consumer Goods Technology’s 2013 Readers Choice Awards.
- Transformation Enabler: Six of the top ten CPG players and two of the top three food service companies rely on HCL’s operational excellence to ensure that their customer interactions provide customer delight.
- Dedicated Solutions Group: A dedicated Solution Group for Retail and CPG enables domain-focused collaboration and shares industry Best Practices through leading edge CPG templates and business accelerators. The Group comprises SMEs in Merchandising, SCM, Stores, Sales, CRM, TPM, Manufacturing and Operations, E-Commerce and other areas in the CPG and Retail value chain, with real world experience from top retailers, manufacturers, distributors and other domain related service providers.
How can HCL help you?
HCL provides consulting services to global Retail and CPG players in enterprise applications with offerings such as global ERP, application maintenance and support, digital transformation, e-Commerce and Omni-channel, enterprise performance management and analytics, enterprise asset management, and human capital management. Customers can leverage our expertise in the following areas:
HCL provides transformation solutions, helping customers’ resolve business problems through the effective use of IT. We have solutions across the following areas:
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Digital Transformation
- Business Assurance and Testing
- Cloud Solutions
- E-Commerce Solutions
- Social Intelligence
Leverage our Industry-Leading Partnerships:
Together with industry-leading partners, we develop solutions to counter the challenges that our customers will face tomorrow. These partnerships can be categorized as follows:
- Solutions for the Value Chain: We have partnerships with SAP, Oracle and Microsoft to target solutions for the entire value chain.
- Business Process Solutions: Designed to address specific business problems, we offer the JDA – Supply Chain and Merchandising Solution, and IBM Smarter Commerce – Order Management and Multi-Channel.
- Critical Point Partnerships: We also have a set of critical point partnerships that allow us to address specific customer pain points - TIBCO in the integration space, AIRWATCH for Mobile Device Management, RedPrairie for WMS, and APACHETA for Mobility.
Hcl Helps A Global Supplier Of Office Products
Hcl Leads Digital Transformation Initiative For The World’s Leading Food Services Retailer
Hcl’s Right Balance Of Onsite And Offshore Application Support Optimize It Operations
ALT ASM: HCL’s Alternative to Managing Applications
Harness the power of digital commerce with HCL and SAP
Integrated Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
|Service Portfolio||Solutions & Frameworks|