What keeps you up at night?
The cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry is proving to be quite challenging and semiconductor companies are struggling to boost the utilization of capital-intensive equipment in a time of fluctuating demand. They also face the constant threat of obsolescence from competitors with disruptive technologies. Innovative technologies can help them find the right balance between growth and profitability.
Why should you consider HCL?
- Comprehensive experience. For more than a decade, six of the top ten semiconductor manufacturers and five of the top ten design houses have depended on us for scalable, flexible, and transformational solutions. We provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 semiconductor Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), fab and fabless design houses, and integrated device manufacturers with a comprehensive portfolio of engineering, manufacturing IT and automation, and enterprise IT solutions to enable strategic partnerships.
- Engineering know-how. We offer a one-stop shop for engineering design services in concept, architecture, design implementation, synthesis, physical design, obsolescence management, and post-silicon validation. We also address the 450mm R&D challenges that the industry is currently facing. Our experts are among the best in ASIC & FPGA Design, wafer processing, metrology, implantation, lithography, yield management, ATE, assembly and packaging, and manufacturing execution systems, Our product engineering expertise has been refined over decades and enriched with specialist partnerships that provide “spec to silicon” engineering services to OEMs and component manufacturers.
- Expertise. Our extensive partnerships with customers have allowed us to build a deep base of knowledge and expertise in transforming their business processes while optimizing their operational costs.
- A reputation for “firsts.” We were the first certified power PC design center outside an IBM business unit; the first Indian company to be awarded Frost & Sullivan’s 2005 Customer Value Enhancement award in the semiconductor domain; and the first Indian services company to set up complex infrastructure — such as a class 10,000 clean room for housing tools and an advanced ATE lab — for customers.
- Comprehensive IT solutions. For over thirty years, HCL has been providing IT solutions across application managed services, application testing, CRM, aftermarket services, infrastructure management, business process outsourcing, and product life cycle solutions. Our “ALT ASM” solutions have helped clients reduce their IT costs by over 30% and have helped ensure a seamless and transparent model that links service level agreements to business-level KPIs.
- Enterprise Application Services. HCL’s acquisition of AXON combined the best of AXON’s strong business consulting and implementation capabilities and HCL’s robust global delivery-based application and infrastructure management capabilities. We deliver unique value on an end-to-end basis for SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft customers, ensuring that they receive the optimal business transformation solution at the right price.
- Richer mobility experience. HCL’s mobility solutions enable organizations to become highly productive and customer centric by making information available at the right time to the right person – all through a simple click. HCL’s Mobility CoE offerings include mobile application development, enterprise mobile offerings, system integration services, and managed services. Key current partnerships include Sybase and RIM. HCL is investing in this space with initiatives such as the Network Solution Lab, a dedicated mobility center in Singapore, and through alliances with severaluniversities.
How can HCL help you?
- Optimized solutions to reduce total cost of ownership
- A portfolio of services — software, mechanical and hardware product engineering, instrumentation, lab setup, and engineering design services
- Hub for fab and integrated device manufacturer services — SoC engineering, VLSI design, verification and validation, product engineering for reference designs, factory solutions, enterprise IT services, BPO, and IT infrastructure management
- Implementation of semi standards
Engineering and R&D Services (Semiconductor)