Server & Storage
What keeps you up at night?
Companies are increasingly leveraging technology to address the explosion in demand created by virtualization and the shift toward the cloud. They are also turning to cutting-edge tools to overcome back- and front-office challenges such as meeting capacity needs, managing storage assets and complex infrastructure, fulfillment, forecasting, supply chain execution, monitoring customer loyalty, and leveraging big data and analytics. How are you gearing up to address these challenges?
Why should you consider HCL?
- Vast experience. With over 12 years of experience in Servers and Storage, HCL offers technology-specific capabilities in solid state drive (SSD), de-duplication, FCoE, FS, SAS/SATA, ISCSI high-performance computing and server virtualization of host side stacks, network entities, and storage devices. The more than 100 SNIA certified professionals in HCL’s Servers and Storage practice focus on providing design, development, and support and maintenance services to the ecosystem.
- Deep domain knowledge. We have led complex projects across the value chain with global storage and computing companies in market segments such as storage target, storage interconnect, host software, and platform engineering. Armed with this experience and deep domain knowledge, we have helped customers address both current and future trends in front- and back-office processes.
- Experienced engineers. We have dedicated Centers of Excellence for accelerated delivery across VLSI design, hardware, firmware, system software/virtualization, and application development. Our engineers are executing multifaceted projects involving storage silicon like FPGA, ASIC, board design, and verification, and are working on various layers of storage software that run on servers; on embedded storage software that runs on storage interconnect elements like switches, directors and routers; on embedded software that runs on SAN and NAS storage systems; and on storage applications and solutions that involve backup, restore, archive, retrieve and quick recovery. We also have a strategic relationship with SNIA to develop test suites for industry standards.
- Industry understanding. Drawing on our deep understanding of the business processes of this segment, we have developed heat maps for the CIO that address agility-related demands. We have also helped companies enhance their interactions with partners, gain a 360-degree view of their customers, increase visibility in their supply chains, and improve their financial planning and execution.
- A proprietary framework. Through our proprietary framework —Managed Application Services (MaSCoT), which manages processes such as quality, governance, transformation, knowledge, test, project, and demand management — we significantly reduce our customers’ operational costs.
- Comprehensive IT solutions. For over thirty years, HCL has been providing IT solutions across application managed services, application testing, CRM, aftermarket services, infrastructure management, business process outsourcing, and product life cycle solutions. Our “ALT ASM” solutions have helped clients reduce their IT costs by over 30% and have helped ensure a seamless and transparent model that links service level agreements to business-level KPIs.
- Enterprise Application Services. HCL’s acquisition of AXON combined the best of AXON’s strong business consulting and implementation capabilities and HCL’s robust global delivery-based application and infrastructure management capabilities. We deliver unique value on an end-to-end basis for SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft customers, ensuring that they receive the optimal business transformation solution at the right price.
- Richer mobility experience. HCL’s mobility solutions enable organizations to become highly productive and customer centric by making information available at the right time to the right person – all through a simple click. HCL’s Mobility CoE offerings include mobile application development, enterprise mobile offerings, system integration services, and managed services. Key current partnerships include Sybase and RIM. HCL is investing in this space with initiatives such as the Network Solution Lab, a dedicated mobility center in Singapore, and through alliances with several universities.
How can HCL help you?
- Implementation through leveraging industry best practices with project and change management capabilities
- Engineering services across the computing and storage domain; product sustenance services; quality and assurance testing
- Micro-verticalization strategy that delivers deeper domain capabilities and thought leadership through our practice team
- Dedicated CoEs for “Accelerated Delivery for Solid State Device” and fiber channels provide concept-to-manufacturing services across various product lines
- Comprehensive best-in-industry mature framework for Managed Application Services – MASCOT – covering scope management, pricing models, governance, reporting mechanisms, and delivery structures
Engineering and R&D Services (Servers & Storage)