Corporate Performance Management for a Large Indian Corporate in Petroleum, Telecom, IT, Retail etc.
Published Date:Feb 16, 2011
The customer is one of the largest corporates in India with diversified interests in several business areas and industries including petroleum, telecom, information technology, and retail. HCL was engaged with the Petroleum Business unit of this Indian conglomerate to develop a performance scorecard.
- Visibility in the connection between strategy and its execution
- Performance metrics dashboard for visibility into operations and real-time information
Scope of Work
HCL carried out the following:
- Developed a performance scorecard to link the strategic goals with tactical objectives. Tactical objectives were further drilled down into operational imperatives
- Deployed the Strategic —Tactical —Operational framework across key areas of Primary Distribution, Retail Marketing and Fuel Management
- Defined metrics across "Customer", "Financial", "Internal Processes" and "Learning" dimensions, following the Balanced Scorecard format for each of the areas across several sub-tracks
Results / Benefits
The following benefits accrued to the customer:
- Eliminated disconnect between Strategy and Operational Execution
- Improved decision-making that resulted in predictable performance
- Integrated improvement across the performance management cycle