Production Support and Application Maintenance for diverse systems of America's largest non-profit health Organization
Published Date:Aug 16, 2011
One of the America's largest not-for-profit health maintenance organizations serving 8.2 million members in several states and Washington DC. With an integrated health delivery system, the client organizes and provides or coordinates members' care, including preventive care such as well-baby and prenatal care, immunizations, and screening diagnostics; hospital and medical services; and pharmacy services.
The Customer needed production support and application maintenance using the onsite-offshore model and enablement of re-deployment of resources to "investment projects"- projects that add more value to applications.
- HCL provided offerings for applications like chronic care management system, laboratory information management, electronic medical records system, patient scheduling, patient data interface, admission, discharge and transfer system etc.
- Specific domains like clinical, lab, HPO, Transcription, regulatory, outreach programs were focused on.
- Carried out maintenance of the client applications.
HCL is in line with ISO 9000 and CMM level 5 standards and has contributed to the following:
- Well defined Quality system for carrying out Maintenance from Offshore
- Well defined Quality Management system
- Project Management
- Configuration Management
- Defect Prevention
- HCL enabled Customer to re-deploy resources to "investment projects" - projects that add more value to applications.
- Offer cost savings and also infuse capability.
- Maintenance of 21 applications were bundled into a fixed-bid contract in order to give better value to the Customer.