Model-Based Approach (S-P-E-A-R)
HCL deploys its proprietary SPEAR methodology for Model/Standard based process improvement.
- Study: Study phase includes current state analysis and reference model training.
- Promote: Promote phase covers Process Improvement Planning (PIP), which includes development of a process improvement roadmap. This phase also covers definition of identified processes.
- Execute: Execute phase includes training and deployment. IT Practitioners are trained on the defined processes and the core team extends the deployment support.
- Achieve: This phase covers reviews and audits, carried out to assess the effectiveness of the deployment and to validate that the process improvement progress.
- Realize: This phase covers evaluation of realized benefits, achievement of process improvement objectives and a possible 3rd party assessment / certification.
SPEAR helps us in building and deploying a quality management system to enhance the overall capability of processes. In this methodology HCL’s exploits various standards/models such as CMMI, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 20000, COBIT, ITIL etc for reference. Referring to these standards/models enables an organization to leverage the best practices and use them for process improvement.