The Situation Today
Events contribute a sizeable source of income for hotels. A room or a banquet not sold is a perishable asset resulting in eventual loss to the hotel. While property management systems and central reservation systems have provisions to manage guest rooms, they lack functionalities to help manage an event. The complexities of multiple operations in event management and the lack of a comprehensive system only add to the chaos.
How HCL Can Help
EVENT1o1, HCL’s Event Management Solution, caters to the needs of event managers, hotel administration and event management firms by offering an end-to-end online event management solution. Event 1o1 is a web-based, intuitive and user friendly solution enabling paperless event management. HCL offers a customized website as an integrated module within the existing web application with more intuitive process flows for both the event planner and the event attendee. The solution can be configured to be a common application across all sub brands of a hotel chain.
The EVENT1o1 framework provides a platform for event planners to easily organize an event by booking meeting rooms for the event, designing its layout, arranging food and beverages during the event, group booking of sleeping rooms for the guests/ attendees; creating, designing and publishing an event information website for the event over the internet, manage client invitation mailers, and more. It also helps the hotel administrator to effectively maintain the meeting rooms availability, rates, layout and amenities so that real-time information is given to the event planner. Customers can browse through the EVENT1o1 website created for a particular event and make bulk bookings for an event.
EVENT1o1 also facilitates hotel executives in managing the event on behalf of the event planner. It allows the hotel executive to book the meeting room, override the meeting room price information, block inventories, and more. EVENT1o1 provides a seamless integration with Hotel CRS and CRM systems to facilitate online booking, capture customer details, manage loyalty programs, etc. delivering a truly comprehensive, end-to-end event management solution.
What You Can Expect
Unique Solution Features
- Step-by-step event management wizard to guide the event planner for effective event management
- Customized event website using open source Rich text editors and selecting themes for the event
- SSL support for room reservation payments
- Low memory footprint - HCL’s event management solution can be deployed to any open source J2EE Application Server
- Personalized messages and sending of event invitation to all the attendees
- Feedback/ suggestion collection post the event
- Meeting room inventory of the Hotel and information on meeting room rates and bundling rules
- Conference hall bookings and layout management
- Food and beverages selection for the event
- Inventory of services/ amenities offered by the hotel to the event planner
- Photo gallery for the event by uploading images
- Presentations and/ or documents to the personalized website
- Social networking and consumer generated media which facilitates both event planner and event attendees
- Reusability of personalized website for other events having similar theme, content, etc.
- One stop solution for event management enabling the event planner to publish event information, make conference hall bookings, make room bookings for event attendees, and more.
- Increased revenue generation for hotels through ‘paperless’ management of events
- Real-time access to meeting rooms and guest rooms inventory across geographies
- Real-time reports for effective revenue management and standard MIS reports like attendees’ registration, room bookings made and room booking cancellations
- Scalability allowing the solution framework to potentially meet requirements of all categories of events and places that host events, such as vacation houses, resorts and clubs, where events are organized and managed
- User-friendly interfaces that are designed to provide easy navigation and help at every step of user interaction
What We’ve Done For Others
HCL developed and implemented the Event1o1 solution for a leading hospitality client. The solution was used by all hotel brands of the client covering 4500 hotels across the globe resulting in increased customer satisfaction, paperless management of events and greater revenues.