Cross Docking IT
Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) today serve global supply chains, which have expanded capacities worldwide by organic and inorganic growth. The industry has always been volume-driven, with wafer thin margins, which have been further squeezed by uncertain demand during the recessionary period. The ability of logistics players to respond to these challenges is limited due to their environment characterized by:
- Multiple IT systems running in silos
- Lack of ‘one-version of truth’ for data
- Disparate IT systems
- No means of providing enterprise visibility
The challenge posed to IT is to improve visibility and provide a unified view of business to manage demand and supply.
HCL’s Cross Docking IT framework enables you to align your IT applications with your business functions.
The three-stage framework with five phases covers the entire spectrum of your IT system to let the CIO focus on quantifiable business benefits from IT activities. With its business process orientation, it will make the LSP’s IT landscape more optimized and nimble, thus providing it an edge in today’s challenging environment.
The three stages of Cross Docking IT are:
- Reflect: HCL will analyze the ‘as-is’ state of the LSP to "Discover" the landscape. After achieving steady state, HCL will "Watch" the IT landscape for identification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Rationalize: HCL will use its tools to assess possibilities to optimize and build a business case for each scenario for objective decision-making
- Respond: HCL will "Build" the IT architecture in line with the strategy defined by business. We will also use our expertise to "Run" the client IT to achieve cost and efficiency objectives