"HCL has built a solid reputation of providing industry-leading IT application and infrastructure services. Given their commitment to the transportation and logistics industry, willingness to invest in our success, and unwavering commitment to excellence, HCL was the right choice"
- Senior Vice President and CIO, a leading 3PL company
According to industry estimates, manual trading partner enablement by a hub company’s IT staff takes about 10-15 days and costs $15,000-$20,000 per partner.
HCL’s ‘Customer Onboarding Framework’ reduces this timeframe to a few days and removes the hassles faced while integrating the EDI/B2B system with the partners by automating a large set of functions.
HCL’s expertise in business strategies and tools extends to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). To achieve large scale EDI onboarding objectives, HCL’s approach would:
- Reduce the time and cost needed by your staff to spend on each partner’s EDI integration effort
- Increase the number of supplier EDI implementations that can be achieved each month
- Ensure accurate supplier EDI implementations at both a syntax and business content validation level (e.g. testing shipment numbers)
- Enhance partner relationships by being easy-to-use, comprehensive and cost-effective
- Extensive protocol: Support for testing a wide range of standards and file formats (e.g. X12, EDIFACT, XML and Flat Files)
- Scalability: Hundreds of suppliers can be onboarded each day, regardless of staffing levels
- Customization: Testing scenarios customized to mirror the logistics service provider’s processes, such as testing for syntax and business edits, combined with comprehensive testing criteria for different trading partners using different file types
- Visibility: Supplier participation and testing status is managed using automated alerts and dashboards to monitor onboarding progress
- Feedback: Intuitive error reports and scorecards indicate which documents passed, which failed, and the reason