"HCL has built a solid reputation of providing industry-leading IT application and infrastructure services. Given their commitment to the transportation and logistics industry, willingness to invest in our success, and unwavering commitment to excellence, HCL was the right choice"
- Senior Vice President and CIO, a leading 3PL company
HCL has extensive experience in developing transformational solutions for rail operators globally focused on various functional areas including Enterprise Management, Workforce Management, Asset Management, Maintenance of way and Supply chain visibility (Track and Trace). We partner with leading railroads globally and leading ISV’s to develop next generation solutions for the railroad industry aimed at transforming business challenges into potential opportunities.
HCL provides following solutions under Railroads segment:
Mobile Data Terminal - Maintenance of Way (MOW): Due to the continued absence of real-time connectivity to legacy applications while in the field, MOW and other remote project managers may not be able to accurately associate all the costs (time and materials) to a specific project. Information is recorded in the field manually using pen and paper with data entry into the legacy system after the reporting manager has returned to the station/ terminal with access to the IT system.
With HCL’s Mobile Data Terminal (MDT), the user can enter the data in real-time and the information is transmitted to the legacy system immediately. If the connection is down while in the field, the MDT queues/ stores the information until the connection has been successfully re-established, at which point the information within the MDT is updated to the legacy system. The information is entered once for system recording, reducing the time spent by managers in documenting project status updates. HCL’s solution aims at providing communication and connectivity with service personnel in the field. It also enables tracking job status and enhancing response time to engineering, customer service, and maintenance legacy systems in real-time. Read More
- Crew Scheduling: The task of crew scheduling has always been complicated by constraints like availability of resources, complex union rules, compensation plans and territory management. HCL’s Crew Calling solution will interface with an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system which will automatically dial and present the available work assignments to the employee and mark employees on the assignment (choice of multiple vacancies) by writing a date/ time stamp notation (time of call, work assignment ID selected) in real-time to the employee’s historical work record. This solution provides an end-to-end visibility throughout the yard and road assignments.
- Automotive Data Warehouse: HCL’s Automotive Data Warehouse offers greater visibility within the automotive distribution network down to the VIN number of the automobile via RFID readers and tags on autos (new and used) at loading and unloading ramps. The key components in HCL’s ADW solution allow its rail client to maintain details on every VIN’s end-to-end movement for routing analysis and improved shipment tracking by customer. It records and maintains billing details that allows management (of contract provisions with the carrier’s automotive and multi-level fleet customers), cost analysis execution, asset utilization effectiveness while continuing to meet customer demand, analysis of damage/ compile occurrences and liabilities to optimize ramp locations, and accord comparison and analysis of actual rail car volume to budget and forecast estimates. Read More
- iMRO: iMRO® is SAP and HCL's industry solution add-on for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul/Operations (MRO). It is an SAP complimentary software product which extends SAP ERP MRO for any company which maintains a complex, expensive and regulated asset such as in transportation, hi-tech, energy or aerospace... Read More
- iLINE: iLINE is HCL’s SAP solution add-on for the management of linear or infrastructure assets. iLINE provides linear asset management (LAM) enhancements to SAP including: asset induction, inspection, planning and resource balancing and paperless work execution... Read More