Effective Web Hosting in a Z/Linux Virtualization Environment
Published Date:Jul 11, 2012
Many IT organizations are now going for cloud based technology through Virtualization concepts and hosting web based application data which overcomes reduction in TCO costs through server consolidation and also results in better utilization of hardware resources.
The purpose of this document is to describe the Web-Hosting on Z/Linux through Virtualization Practice to be followed on System Z /Linux and eventually results in Cloud based environment in future. The guidelines cover the following areas that need to be considered when hosting the application on the web in a Z/Linux environment.
- Infrastructure Planning for Virtualization on System Z explained.
- Preparing Z/VM and SUSE Linux on System Z.
- Web-hosting on Z/Linux – Server Consolidation, its approach and benefits.
- Benefits of Web-hosting applications over the internet.
- Infrastructure planning for web-hosting applications on Z/Linux platform.
- Guidelines for Web-hosting applications on System Z which includes enabling the SSL.
This white paper talks about -
- Success Parameters for planning the infrastructure for hosting the Z/Linux applications on Z/VM and Z/LINUX platform.
- Planning & Preparing Virtualization on System Z.
- Check List for guidelines for web-hosting the Z/Linux applications on the internet.
- Tools used and its approach for web-hosting the Z/Linux applications.
- How it helped in Server consolidation approach and its benefits.