EFCS 2.0: Employee-Driven, Management-Embraced
Back in 2005, when HCL Technologies embarked on its “Employees First” journey, it was the management that nudged the company along the transformational path. Today, HCL’s 80,000-plus employees have become our most powerful drivers of change, partnering with the management at every step and steering the company towards a new, compelling vision.
If the first phase EFCS was management-driven, employee-embraced; EFCS today is more employee-driven, management-embraced. EFCS 2.0 is all about embracing a new, radical order, one where employees pick up the baton and take the lead.
Key programs that drive EFCS 2.0:
- Meme: An online social networking platform created by employees. Unlike the official company intranet, you might call Meme social@workplace. It has nearly 60,000 members.
- MAD JAM: A bottom-up initiative designed by frontline employees, for frontline employees, the “Make-a-Difference Jamboree” recognizes and celebrates employee-led innovations for customers.
- MAD LTD: A program focused on nurturing young leaders by showcasing and helping to implement their ideas improved society – to “Make a Difference, Lead the Difference.”
- Power of One: A social responsibility initiative, “Power of One” has Ideapreneurs spending a day with the community and experiencing the power of giving. The program transforms individual efforts into an avalanche of positive social activism.
- arKMedes: A platform focused on making knowledge a uniform currency across the organization by bringing together communities driven by passionate employees.
But such programs are only the beginning. Who knows where Employees First will go next?