HCL- DXC Partnership
HCL and DXC’s strategic partnership combines the extended ecosystems of both partners, to help customers with large IT infrastructure portfolios modernize their legacy environments and solve complex business problems. The partnership, built around HCL’s core engineering capabilities, is working with some of the largest organizations in the Financial Services industry. HCL has a unique modernisation approach to the sustenance of Solutions/IPs from DXC. This approach involves deconstructing complex legacy monolithic platforms, identifying functions to build APIs on and extracting logics and functionality. Through this, we help integrate multiple platforms/apps to deliver unified customer journeys and improve customer experience as well as efficiency through dual facing apps.
A HISTORY OF SUCCESSFUL PARTNERSHIP
HCL and Hewlett Packard have been long-standing partners. Our journey started with a Joint Venture in 1991, enabling adoption of UNIX across the Banking industry, and later evolved to deliver world class solutions like EnsureIT – a single window for end-user management.
The HCL-CSC alliance started in 2013 with a joint solution for modernizing application portfolios. This later evolved into a strategic partnership in 2014, creating a world-class application modernization delivery network that enabled enterprises to shift from legacy technologies to a cloud-enabled platform. The Application Modernization Delivery Network (AMDN) enables enterprises to ‘reinvent their core”, by managing and transforming large application portfolios. The partnership has also helped customers in the insurance industry leverage their platforms better by providing resources and legacy capabilities in the areas of digitization and problem management.
In 2015, HCL and CSC came together to create a joint venture, “CeleritiFinTech” (CFT). This entity combined CSC’s world-class banking software and HCL’s expertise in product engineering and application implementation to deliver reliable and innovative offerings to our clients. CeleritiFinTech adopts a pragmatic approach to modernization, and focuses on delivering differentiated customer experiences, product innovation and digital and cloud-based technology transformation, while utilizing analytics and big data, achieving regulatory compliance, and driving cost reduction. It seeks to deliver software services that help global clients extend investments in existing platforms and implement innovative solutions.
The partnership has helped drive an almost 30% reduction in legacy and maintenance costs across multiple and diverse IT landscapes, and delivered the fastest returns on transformation investments, in many cases, by over 40%.
HCL VALUE PROPOSITION
HCL strategy for growth, based on our “Mode 1-2-3” approach, addresses the three key disruptors of modern businesses – Automation, Cloud and Digitization. Our investments in these areas extend significant value to DXC clients as well.
- Managing large application portfolios, optimizing application landscapes and taking them to the Cloud
- Transitioning large complex programs
- Reducing cost and complexity
- Enabling IT asset-light application footprint
- Shifting seamlessly to Cloud infrastructure
- Industrializing of service delivery
- Tool-based robust re-engineering solutions
- Unravelling and deconstructing complex legacy monolithic platforms
- Combining the ease of API enablement, API management and value-added business service enablement of legacy systems for new age FinTech extensions
- Over 12 innovation labs across the globe and multiple FinTech partners
- Modular approach to digital transformation
- Design Thinking principles to transform employee and customer experience
- Infusion of data and analytics for intelligent apps
- DRYiCE – A comprehensive autonomics and orchestration platform enabling enterprises to focus on experience and orchestration
Our strategic partnership DXC Technologies is a culmination of a longstanding partnership with both CSC and HP. Through these partnerships we have been able to deliver the below benefits and capabilities to our clients:
- Over 30% reduction in maintenance of legacy applications using HCL’s DRYiCE automation framework for automation in IT and business processes
- Industry best ROI on transformation investments by leveraging the partner ecosystem spanning across technology providers and FinTech partners in areas such as IoT, AI, DLT, Robotics and Smart Analytics
- Business transformation through modularized application architecture, ready to interface with external APIs for functionality enhancement
- Best in class delivery infrastructure across 17 countries
ABOUT HCL TECHNOLOGIES
HCL Technologies is the fastest growing IT services brand in the world. We help enterprises reimagine and transform their businesses through digital technology solutions.
Businesses across industries stand at an inflection point today due to far-reaching disruptions fuelled by Automation, Cloud and Digitalization. The momentum of change, stimulated by an explosion of data and connected devices, software defined infrastructure, cloud-enabled as-a-service and experience driven digital platforms, is forcing enterprises to reimagine their business and rewire it for success in the new world. Success also means developing an inclusive, enabling and empowering workplace. HCL focuses on providing an integrated portfolio of services, as underlined by our Mode 1–2–3 growth strategy. Mode 1 encompasses the core services in the areas of Applications, Infrastructure, BPO and Engineering & R&D services, leveraging DRYiCE™ Autonomics to transform clients' business and IT landscape, making them 'lean' and 'agile'. Mode 2 focuses on experience-centric and outcome-oriented services such as Digital and Analytics, IoT WoRKS™, Cloud and Security, utilizing DRYiCE™ Orchestration to drive business outcomes and enable enterprise digitalization. Our Mode 3 strategy is ecosystem-driven where we create innovative IP-partnerships with our expansive partner ecosystem, to build ground-up a strong products and platforms business.
HCL has presence in 32 countries, with consolidated revenues of US$ 7.0 billion and has 1,10,000+ Ideapreneurs.