HCL offers extensive mechanical engineering services spanning floor-to-floor, seat, and monument areas.We also provide services in aero structures and aero engines.
- Floor to floor: Lining/cargo lining/hat rack, partition walls, flight crew rest compartments, dock-on crew compartments, side wall stowage/stowage, dado panels.
- Wiring harness: Cabin entertainment systems, interior avionics systems, lighting systems, electrical systems.
- Stress analysis: Validation of interior monuments, interface load calculation, finite element substantiation, safety margin verification, creation of certification reports.
- Monuments: Curtain header/movable class, divider/curtain header, cockpit door locking systems, cockpit door modules, galleys, partitions/doghouses/bustles.
- Seats: Technical authoring, editorial services, illustration, legacy data conversion.
- Miscellaneous: Placards, knowledge based engineering, paint scheme, value engineering.
- Wing and Empennage: Center wing box, outer wing box, control surfaces, horizontal and vertical stabilizers.
- Secondary Structures: Cowling, secondary brackets, battery bay, cockpit instrumentation panels.
- Forward Fuselage: Radome, cockpit, windshield, FWD pressure bulkheads
- Center Fuselage: Forward barrel, central barrel, rear barrel, floor panels.
- Rear Fuselage: Rear pressure bulkheads, tail cone assembly.
HCL’s solution accelerators include an in-house productivity tool – OPTICOM, which helps reduce cycle time and cost through valuable features like composite layout optimization, weight reduction, and performance improvement. HCL’s aircraft design services were brought to play in the aero structure redesign of a major aircraft program.
- Cold end and hot end: Cold end services in inlet and fan, LP and HP compressors, compressor intermediate casings; hot end services for combustors, LP and HP turbines, exhaust nozzles and turbine intermediate casings.
- Design and analysis: Aircraft design and analysis services include 3D modeling, structural, thermal and CFD analysis, manufacturing and assembly drawings, tolerance stack up analysis, and engineering change orders.
- Manufacturing Services: In tool design, CNC programming, digitization of material graphs, manufacturing and process planning, and non-conformance justification support.
What We’ve Done For Others
- For an aerospace major, HCL designed the inerting systems pallet to carry three ASM cylinders, which achieved a weight that was 12% below the predefined target, leading to a substantial reduction in cost.