HCL is one of India’s leading aerospace test engineering service providers, providing testing support for all types of flight test applications and automated test equipment (ATE).
Flight Test Application Services
HCL provides core test planning, test execution, data analysis systems for pre and post flight test support, testing visibility solutions for test operation centers, onboard instrumentation support, and simulation and test infrastructure development for lab testing. HCL also offers legacy modernization, system development, applications consolidation and infrastructure, and process, tools and applications optimization through web enablement and distributed architecture.
HCL provides traceability-to-certification support that includes:
- Flight Test - Complex requirements gathering, optimal sequencing to reduce effort, multi-aircraft environment/standard preparation
- Traceability to certification requirements - Means of compliance, test requests, test campaigns and schedules
- Certification attributes - Test report generation, test result analysis, change requests and RFAs, data archival, and regulatory documentation
HCL has invested over $25 million in tear down and environmental testing labs, which are accredited by ISO/IEC 17025. HCL is associated with notified bodies like TuV/UL. HCL’s environmental chambers contain universal testing machines, laser cutting, injection molding and CMM machine tools. HCL has also set up India’s first private NABLE accredited 10M RF shielded anechoic chamber among aerospace engineering companies, which performs radiation and immunity testing, and full compliance testing services according to ISO 17025 and European Compliance (CE) standards.
ATE and Test Engineering Services
HCL’s ATE and Test Engineering suite provides end-to-end testing for ATE development, verification, and certification. HCL has developed over 30 ATEs for control, power, distribution, display, and navigation systems.
Services across development, production, and enhancement phases include:
- Development – Test equipment engineering; AVP, FVP and ESS software; board testers and diagnostics
- Production - Build-to-print systems, low volume production, data acquisition systems and load banks
- Enhancement/modernization - Interface test adapters, legacy test equipment reengineering, software conversion, ATE sustenance and support
What We’ve Done For Others
For the advance flight control system of an aerospace major, HCL performed requirement-based testing on the functions of its digital flight control system to DO-178B level A,B and C standards, and re-designed the board of a slat/flat control unit to address reliability issues and replace components that were obsolete.