Model Based Testing
Model-based Testing (MBT) is a technique for the automatic generation of test cases using models extracted from software artifacts (i.e. system requirements specifications). This approach helps in controlling software quality and reducing costs related to the testing process, because test cases can be generated from the software artifacts produced throughout the software development process.
- Comprehensive testing - covering the whole test development process, MiL, SiL, PiL, and HiL
- Tests are portable and reusable between integration levels and technologies.
- Tests handle signals, parameters and diagnosis in a simple way
- Tests react to system behavior online (closed-loop tests)
- Tests real-time applications
- Graphical depiction of the requirements
- Useful in concept validation / requirements management
- Integrates with DOORS
- Provides traceability of requirements
- Reduces time to market through component re-use
- Saves up to 25% on cost and time
Benefits to Auto OEMs and Tier 1 Companies
- Shorter development process time, resulting in significant time-to-market advantages
- Eases the updating of test suites for changed requirements