Implementing industry regulations in your applications is not restricted to just installing a predefined list of application security solutions. Compliance goes way beyond this, and for good reasons. In principle, any regulation warrants the following from businesses:
- Assess the data storage and protection
- Risk assessment of the organization’s data, if hacked, and their potential impact
- Risk remediation plan or strategy
- Planning regular fixing of vulnerabilities found during the assessments. Risk management plan for future assessments.
The regulations state that the above steps must be followed without fail to achieve compliance. Most organizations install many security solutions to achieve this. However, you can do that only when you understand the high-value assets in the organizations and the risk associated with that. Most businesses today buy software products, but when it comes to implementation, they fail because of multiple reasons, and it becomes shelf ware.
Compliance is achieved when proper remediation efforts are followed for applications, data storage, and infrastructure protection. This also helps in protecting from the hackers trying to sneak into your systems.
Accurate risk assessment of applications helps in finding out the vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and applications. Thus, the teams can have a peaceful sleep knowing that it is protected, and even in the case of an attack, nothing will be lost. A well-thought-out strategy helps choose the right software solution approved by all the business owners and with a better ROI for your organization.
- Risk assessment: Risk assessment defines the key assets of organizations. Knowing the risk areas in the applications makes you more prepared with a plan in action for mitigating the same.
- Threat detection: Identifying the threats in the applications, infrastructure and the detailed analysis on data protection will enable you to analyze the threat vectors effectively.
- Identification of vulnerabilities: With each assessment, you get the latest list of vulnerabilities prevalent in your network concerning patches, policies, procedures, software, equipment, and more.
- Continuous assessment: Continuous risk assessment helps you gauge the possible impact of vulnerabilities affecting the applications and analyzes the impact over a period of time.
How does it help to achieve compliance?
Understanding what needs to be protected and getting the right application security products to fit into your environment is the main purpose of the risk assessment. Implementing the same will help you achieve the required compliances. Having a continuous measuring mechanism for vulnerabilities will also help protect application security in the long run.
Help is just a conversation away
Unarguably, there are no shortcuts for achieving cybersecurity compliance. At the outset, achieving compliance might seem grueling. However, it’s not difficult to achieve it with some help from the outside. We at HCLTech cybersecurity can help you understand the associated risks and help in the assessment and implementation of application security services.
Get in touch to receive specialized advice today.